The Best Looking game of E3 2017 [WARNING: MASSIVE image Dumps Inlined]

ultragpu

Banned
So the E3 conferences are over and fancy graphics were once again bestowed upon our ever demanding eyes. How would you like to rate the graphics prowess of this year's entries? Just would like to know everyone's opinions and thoughts on this:).
Here's my top 5.
1. God of War [ PS4 ]
Sony Santa Monica studio has once again practiced forbidden sorcery on the standard PS4 no less and delivering the most mind blowing graphics I've seen yet for current gen consoles. The models are almost CG like, lighting and effects are beyond stunning and once again The World Serpent and that fallen Giant have shown us the immense scale this game promises. This is the overall winner for me.
image_god_of_war-35800-3634_0003.jpg

image_god_of_war-35800-3634_0005.jpg

image_god_of_war-35800-3634_0001.jpg

2. Detroit: Become Human [ PS4 ]
Have to say just about everything in this game is top notch graphically be it the insane model details, lighting, post processing or the subtle facial animation. The Pro 4k version really brings out every single details and nuances that the art works deserve.
image_detroit_become_human-35798-3428_0006.jpg

3. Star Wars Battle Front II [ multiplatform ]
Crazy amount of actions on screen, excellent lighting and effects with huge scale is definitely a looker.

4. Spiderman [ PS4 ]
Almost live action like action, setpieces, pristine lighting, motion blur and fluidity really blew my mind.

5. Assassin's Creed Origins [ Multiplatform ]
As boring as the gameplay looks the graphics certainly did not disappoint, the sense of scale, draw distance and lighting are breathtaking. X1X did it justice with 4k checkerboarding.

A few that I won't put on the list due to their shady nature (target render/high end PC powered build etc) including Anthem and Metro Exodus are both mind blowingly good, but the downgrade shenanigan is strong in me so till I get proved wrong they're standing by.
Also a lot of honorable mentions such as Days Gone, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Uncharted Lost Legacy and even Wolfenstein II. I'm still catching up to all the media so let's share thoughts.

It's hard to say, everything is a technical marvel these days, so it comes down to artistic preference.

But my answer is always Horizon Zero Down (The Frozen Wilds).

Last edited:
But my answer is always Horizon Zero Down (The Frozen Wilds).

In my opinion, the trailer was not spectacular enough. It was a little uninspired until the volcano appears. But since the DLC is supposed to look as good as the main game when played, from this point of view it would clearly be in my top 3.

Battlefront 2 seemed to have good movement/animation from what I saw except the faces. Still quite cartoony in all of them.

It's interesting how your perspective changes when you go from hardcore to casual.

When you're hardcore and you "live gaming" you start telling yourself how massive of an upgrade things are, how real they look etc

Going from that to really only having E3 as my first big video game dosage in a year, first reaction is "yep looks like a video game"

I found Ashen to be interesting as the characters didn't have defined faces and the atmosphere in the trailer was unique enough.

I guess I'm more about new experiences than another Forza with more realism than real track driving, Kratos being mad that he has to deal boring gameplay yet again, Star Wars being setup for the quickest install base abandonment in history and so on.

Anthem for me was the standout graphically. Shame that I'll never get to play it. Well except at friend's places maybe.

I want to say Metro: Exodus, but I know that's just me really liking the Metro franchise coloring my vision. :p That said, the fur looks really good on the animals.

Regards,
SB

My favorites were, in no particular order: Battlefront 2, Detroit (very nice character models), God of War, Spider-Man, Wolfenstein 2. I can't really pick one, but it would probably go to either Battlefront or God of War.

Metro was also impressive, but it was 'in-engine' AFAIK, not actual gameplay. Ori looked beautiful but I wasn't really sure what I was watching (Was that gameplay?).

Last edited:
Anthem, God of War, Detroit: Become Human, Spiderman and Battlefront 2 are excellent choices.

Some of my choices aren't necessarily the most advanced (eye-candy wise), but more so towards the artistic craft side of things (day one PC purchases for me how).

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Agony

Call of Cthulhu

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

Agony is one of my favorite too, such surreal design and presentation that's literally hell bound. The gameplay footage looked amazing with all the gpu particles, lighting and post processing. I do hope for a decent upres for the Pro or 1X.

Wolfenstein was great (same engine as DOOM), God of War, Anthem and Spiderman were great too. Actually many games looked pretty damn nice this E3, kinda hard to pick one. Also, best water goes to Sea of Thieves, that looked amazing :) And the Uncharted dlc looked great too and...

Last edited:
Back