The Crew 2

Jupiter

Veteran
FEATURES:
WELCOME TO MOTORNATION – TAKE THE CHALLENGE TO THE GROUND, SEA, AND SKY
Push boundaries and take on new experiences in iconic locations. Fly and spin through fog and clouds above the snowcapped Rocky Mountains, burn rubber in the backstreets of New York City, sweep through the Mississippi River, and explore every inch of the Grand Canyon. Driving your dream hypercar, riding some of the most iconic American bikes, and taking control of the swiftest aerobatic planes and powerboats: opportunities for fun and challenges are limitless in a fully redesigned USA.

BE THE CHAMPION YOU WANT TO BE
Join four different motorsports families from around the country: street and pro racers, off-road experts, and freestylers. They’ll hook you up with new rides, and they’ll introduce you to their own unique motorsports culture and set of disciplines. Through competitions and chance encounters, find and hone your personal style, collect and customize your dream rides, show them off in your HQ, and make your mark on the entire US motorsports scene.

SHARE AND SHINE IN A CONNECTED WORLD
The world of The Crew® 2 is fueled by the need to share your personal accomplishments and unique moments with friends and others – break records and be a pioneer! Every time you achieve something, it will be saved as a new challenge for other players, while you will be encouraged to surpass the feats of others. Capture and share all of your best moments with the press of a button.

Available Early 2018 on Xbox One, Xbox One X, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro and PC.

Normally I am not much into racing games but this looks very expensive. The possibility that boats and airplanes can be used is also very good in my opinion. I wonder if such an huge effort is worthwhile with regard to the sales figures of racing games?

Last edited:
Looks pretty good. I always wanted to check out the first one so I might give this a go.

The problem with the original crew was the car handling it was awfull

The first one was not interesting to me but as far as I know it was supported for a long time. With the possibilities for cars, airplanes, off-road vehicles and boats this title has the potential to sweep the stagnant NFS away (my opinion). Let's see how the driving will end up.

For me it was one of the most impressive games of the E3. Never before I saw such production values in a racing game. It's hardly to believe that it is at least 2000 square miles large.

EDIT:

Gamersyde-gameplay video: http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_crew_2_e3_gameplay_walkthrough_uk_-40206_en.html

Last edited:
It's definitely looking better than the NFS game that was just announced. Cut-scenes during driving/racing? WTF are you thinking EA?

Regards,
SB

I'm stoked for this. I'm not super into racing, but the open world aspect makes this sort of game more palatable to me. That's why I got horizon and had a lot of fun with it, but this seems next level.
The first one was already intriguing, considering the use of the entire US as a map, but it felt and looked so last geny and came out just when everyone wanted to see flagship next gen titles. Now that this sequel looks like a proper ps4bone game, and the motherfucker also has flying, consider me sold.

Is the new nfs game by the same people who though nfs rivals would be improved by removing support for steering wheels ?

No idea. When I saw it at the EA conference, I was thinking, "OK, cute, but it's just a trailer basically." When they were doing a live demo and the cutscenes were still part of the racing, I just couldn't believe it.

Regards,
SB

wasn't there a burnout game that did something similar? I think that's their inspiration.
Also, the first unveiling the last nfs was also criticized for the overly stylistic camera swings as the car drifted. I think, for the context of a demo, the heavy-handedness of that stuff is less ofensive.

Back