The Annual E3 Ubisoft press conference thread, 2017 edition

There should be around 30 journalists trying a BGE2 demo at E3, so I expect you'll read from them soonish.
And it was announced their is some kind of early acces Space Monkey Program.
You'll have to read from the press as I can't say anything.
Gameplay available? That moves my opinion up a notch.

Here's something I found interesting.

2 of my friends in RL and Total Biscuit have said that if they don't have a Switch by the time Mario + Rabbids comes out, they will have a Switch. Meaning they will buy a Switch at that point no matter how much scalping prices are.

No other game at this years E3 has gotten that kind of response from anyone I know or watch.

And I have to admit, that I'm actually considering joining them if that happens with me as well. I can hold off spending more than MSRP right now, just barely. But this is one of the few games from this E3, that I want to play as soon as it comes out, no matter what.

Regards,
SB

Mario + Rabbids? Really?
Isn't that like a XCom clone?

Mario + Rabbids? Really?
Isn't that like a XCom clone?

The combat is basically X-Com mixed with a bit of Disgaea. The rest is heavily influenced by the Mario and Rabbids games.

As I've mentioned, graphics aren't the selling point of games for me. Ryse came the closest, but the fact it was a game set in Rome is what triggered the actual purchase and not the graphics. And then there's the rare cases where I'll buy something just for some innovative implementation of tech (Tomb Raider reboot for HairFX basically, I still haven't played more than about 15 minutes of the game. Then again I only paid something like 5-10 USD for it on a Steam Sale).

Gameplay is king. And I'm not the only one that is like that. Graphics don't and will never make a game a "must buy" for me. But gameplay? Hells yeah! And the gameplay and quirky humor and exploration look absolutely fantastic for this game. That said, Mario + Rabbids looked really good for the type of game it is.

Regards,
SB

Back