The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2017 edition

I beg to differ. Devolver had the only presentation of any substance. After that the rest were like punctured balloons spewing stale air.

At the very least I expected something about PSN performance upgrades, changes to make PS+ more compelling, OS feature updates for the PS4, some sort of crazy sale push, some surprise new games, etc. Instead we got a technically inept and almost disinterested conference mostly about stale franchises (GOW, COD, Uncharted, AC, etc.) And the game people seemed most excited about was a QTE fest.

It wasn't the worst Sony conference ever, it was just so entirely meh.

We actually agree. Im sorry if the sentence you quoted gave off a different perspective. I am in agreement that the Sony well of games and ideas looked dry.

I am kind of disappointed with this conference too. They didnt announce almost nothing new.
But the gameplay footage of some games they showed was pretty sweet though.
I would rate this conference B- simply because Spiderman and GoW looked so awesome.

It's aptly named as "Media Showcase", nothing more. In the pre-show (or was it the post-show?) they said PSX is happening this year, that's where any interesting things may occur. Personally I'm kinda uninterested when Dreams and WiLD are not shown.

I liked it, wall to wall games as it should be when there is nothing to announce hardware wise.

No rabble rousing on the exclusive launch window bollocks either, which shouldn't even be a thing (thanks Microsoft - If it's coming out on another console, it's not exclusive)

Days Gone has gone from being a shitty zombie game I can easily ignore, to something quite different which is good. Uncharted, hope this is part of the season pass I brought. The marvel v capcom game looked good, although not sure we saw game play.

I guess it depends were your loyalty lies, when I console I do so on Playstation so this was as good as it could've been for me. Game Games Games.

It's good when thats all MS do, as they have been hailed for by several members in the passed on this very forum, and it's good when Sony do it (this is probably the first and last time though lol, i expect PS5 or Vita 2 to be somewhere in the mix next year)

Plenty of stuff to keep me interested, if only my PC wasn't just so much more powerful and the games a lot cheaper.

Sony had to eradicate in everybody's mind that a PS5 is coming soon nor later... actually with Scorpio so expensive and Pro going cheaper and cheaper (today at 330 in Italy) the path is clear: Sony will stay on PS4 as long as possible, I think till 2021. The lack of spin was honey to the PS4 owner who can stay calm and enjoi new games.

No rabble rousing on the exclusive launch window bollocks either, which shouldn't even be a thing (thanks Microsoft - If it's coming out on another console, it's not exclusive)

Sony harped on the exclusive DLC content for Destiny 2. If it's like the exclusive content for Destiny that they harped on in the past, then it's just a timed exclusive coming to another console.

Regards,
SB

So one game not every game mentioned then. Also last destiny I'm pretty sure they did have exclusive content that isn't available elsewhere in addition to first access to other dlc

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Also, something to note. While I dislike exclusives heavily and feel they are (at best) a necessary evil, I have no problems with timed exclusives. They serve the same purpose (most people buy it in the first month), but eventually everyone gets a chance to play it if they are interested.

I'm a big fan of everyone getting the chance to play something, rather than locking it behind an artificial barrier of entry.

Regards,
SB

Interview says there's lots of more Sony not shown.
Final question! One game we didn't see at the press conference was Dreams. Is everything okay with Dreams?

Jim Ryan: Yep, everything is fine with Dreams. We will have news of Dreams later in the year. You saw there was a fairly consistent tonality in the games last night...

Yes, everything looked like The Last of Us.

Jim Ryan: Well, those are your words, not mine! Just as it wasn't the place for Playlink, it probably wouldn't have been the place for Dreams, either.
Basically they deliberately went with a dark, gritty, boring tone for Reasons.

Interview says there's lots of more Sony not shown.
Basically they deliberately went with a dark, gritty, boring tone for Reasons.

As I mentioned previously in this thread. The feeling I got was that they just didn't care. They are ahead. They aren't feeling threatened. So, they just don't care. E3 was basically Sony doing what they could with the least amount of effort. They phoned it in.

Sony gave MS an opportunity on a silver platter, and MS couldn't take advantage.

Nintendo, on the other hand, despite doing a recorded for E3 "conference" comes out smelling like roses by contrast, IMO. What a bizarre world we live in.

Regards,
SB

Maybe I'm crazy or just a teenager trapped in a hot 35yo body, but to me the new Dragonball fighting game - made by the guys who make the Guilty Gear games!!! - won the whole of E3. It won everything, even the UK election.

It's game I'm really looking forward to but Ori might've gotten me even more excited.

Back