Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Yeah count me in.

I've been playing the 2009 game lately. I've haven't spent much time on it in the past. I felt like seeing more of the characters that they pulled from it for New Order, and seeing if there were other tie ins. Certainly not a ground breaking game in 2009 but some of the missions have been entertaining. It's such an odd one though. Strangely reminiscent of the old Soldier of Fortune 2. I have a feeling they used an iteration of the same animation and gore systems.

Last edited:
Day one !
While I dislike Bethesda Games Studios, I think Bethesda Softworks, the publisher, is making all the right choices, and is becoming the best publisher for big single-player productions. (While traditional studios are getting lost chasing the golden goose with mobas, cod or destiny-like projects)
Anyway, I'm pumped for Wolfenstein 2, loved the first one. Graphics are great, is it a modified doom engine, or a modified wolfenstein engine ?

Just be aware the first one doesn't have the charm or personality of the trailer for the second one. It's much more grim and dark with almost no humor.

It's very good shooter, however.

Regards,
SB
thanks for the heads up.

Just be aware the first one doesn't have the charm or personality of the trailer for the second one. It's much more grim and dark with almost no humor.

It's very good shooter, however.

Regards,
SB
I have the previous titles on the Xbox One, but now I think I can run it at 1440p or even 4k 60fps, so most likely I am going to get the PC version.

edit: the initial real video is fascinating.

Last edited:
Upon further playing and inner reflection, I think the most succinct way to describe Wolfenstein 2009 is......

Jedi Master BJ Blazkowicz.

Last edited:
Curious. I imagine there's still some winnings to be had with just fp16 support ala Tonga. Not sure what's exposed in Vulkan or DX12 (referring to Xbox or just a general slide?).

Curious. I imagine there's still some winnings to be had with just fp16 support ala Tonga.
You know this thread https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/id-buffer-and-dr-fp16.60209/ Why not? I don't think fp16 will be limited to Polaris or Vega.

Not sure what's exposed in Vulkan or DX12 (referring to Xbox or just a general slide?).

Vulkan and no DirectX12 for PC (source: https://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=11445606&postcount=5006 )

Maybe it's his private opinion.

Or will it be a Playanywhere title? DX12 for the Xbox and Windows Store and Vulkan for the Steam version.

Back