The Annual E3 Nintendo press conference thread, 2017 edition [Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017]

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Here's the official thread for discussing the Nintendo press conference at this year's E3. Oh wait, they still wont have a press conference or even a direct presentation.

Instead they will have their Nintendo Digital Event video, erm it's still called Tree House Live. So they're still taking their prompts from PeeWee Herman.

Nintendo Spotlight: 2017-06-13 @ 09:00 PST, 12:00 EST, 2017-06-13 17:00 BST, 18:00 CEST

Nintendo Stream: http://e3.nintendo.com/

So, this is the only one left of the majors. What I hope to hear announced?

People in the US will actually now have a reasonable chance to buy a Switch at MSRP because we are quadrupling production

BWAHAHAHAHA, who am I kidding? That's not going to happen. :(

Regards,
SB

A new entry for Metroid Prime is a must for the switch in my book. The series has one of the most beautiful art and music styles in gaming. The switch's control options could allow for normal fps style controls as well as Wii style motion controls. I want to see retro push the switch hardware like no one else has.

So, this is the only one left of the majors. What I hope to hear announced?

People in the US will actually now have a reasonable chance to buy a Switch at MSRP because we are quadrupling production

BWAHAHAHAHA, who am I kidding? That's not going to happen. :(

Regards,
SB

Can't you just go to some store and reserve it and get it when they have a shipment or something like that.

Can't you just go to some store and reserve it and get it when they have a shipment or something like that.

They sell out so fast here, that all the stores around me won't allow you to do that.

Otherwise I'm sure they'd have waiting lists hundreds of people long. And that'd cause a problem if those people are doing it all stores in the area, and only one store is going to get their sale. How are they going to manage their lists then? And will how long to wait to allow time for someone to pick up their hold?

And what if it's someone who plans on scalping the machine and just puts their name on the list multiple times? It's annoying not having a list, but at least it gives regular people a slightly better chance to get one. IE - slightly easier to prevent someone from buying multiple consoles.

Regards,
SB

Stores here don't even bother with sold out signs anymore. They got some units behind glass for people to look at and tons of space for games but no consoles :')

I've given up hope of being able to buy one this year by just walking into a store.

It's going to be the best showcase of the big three no matter what. Nintendo will goof around a but and games will be fun and enjoyable while wearing a smile instead of needing a serious scowl or frown as per the 'grown up' consoles.

Wow, finished the direct and B3D doesn't even break 10 comments.

That's telling.

It's the norm for B3D and Nintendo though.
The audience for Nintendo and B3D don't necessarily blend.

I thought it was good though. Liked the Mario possession ability----very innovative and unique.

Wow, finished the direct and B3D doesn't even break 10 comments.

That's telling.

They picked a horrible time for the US B3D group. We're likely at work.

Otherwise I would have been cringing and live-posting about it.

Tend to catch up with the Nintendo thing in coverage. TBH that's how I am with all these shows - none are worth investing in IMO. Never enough fun or interesting to warrant staying up or not, you know, playing games instead.

Just from the list of games I read, they win. If a bunch of the stuff releases in 2018, I may actually think about getting a switch. I'm desperate to play Zelda.

I just watched the trailers, not the presentation. The Mario trailer looked utterly joyous.

I'm sure I'll get a switch one day. "For the kids".

All paid dlc is a cash grab...lol

I'll give Nintendo this...a lot of they're games emphasize the "fun" part of gaming and can't keep from smiling watching them.

Switch at least feels like its getting better support for games out of the gate than Wii u.

As a person who barely plays games anymore it's tempting to just go with Switch over Xbox or PS4 due to its more casual nature.

Sort of wish there was at least one newish (non Splatoon) multiplayer shooter on there..

All paid dlc is a cash grab...lol
CD Projekt's Witcher 3 DLCs say hi.
Blood and Wine is practically the equivalent of a whole new AAA game for a fraction of the price.

Hopefully Metroid Prime 4 doesn't take 5 years and a platform switch.
I think the Switch is crap value-wise, so I hope Metroid Prime 4 does take 5 years and a platform switch. That way I might get it on a platform I actually want to buy.
Regardless, is there anything on the game other than that 50 second teaser showing number 4 at first and the words "metroid prime" at the end?

Back