Shadow of the Colossus (Remake 2018) [PS4]

OCASM

Regular

Seems like it's running on TLG's engine.

Personally, while the tech enhancements are good, aesthetically I think it looks kinda bad. Like an UE4 fan remake. The color palette is very generic and it looks too clean, no grit like the original.

Also, no more ghostly multiple scattering :(

oHLMCMk.png

Some shots look much improved but some look bland. Still a day one purchase as I never played the PS3 remaster.

Awesome, I saw the rumor on NeoGAF but I didn't think they would do it - to me it looks amazing and I'm glad I never got round to 'plating' the PS3 version as I'd probably not be quite as excited about replaying one of my favourite games of all time!

So an above 20Hz version of a classic ?
Colour me interested.
Even 15hz in most boss encounters on PS2... But the PS3 HD remaster is very stable at 30fps, was already done by Bluepoint.

If this one isn't 60fps (on Pro at least) I'll be very disappointed.

Gameplay from PGW17:

The color palette makes it look like a generic AAA game but I like the ambient light shadow. Vegetation is different too. Looks like Endor's moon now lol.

The improvement compared to what they showed at E3 is substantial. I love it!
I hope they surprise us with more improvements

I was a PC gamer at the time of the original, and I was kind of shocked by how choppy and unresponsive it seemed. I watched my brother play it, and thought the idea was great. I just couldn't handle the control and the visuals. Had the same reaction when he was playing Vice City on his PS2, when I was used to playing it on PC. A solid 30fps version would be great, but 60fps is always ideal for me. It's a game I wouldn't mind trying out.

Gameplay from PGW17:

The color palette makes it look like a generic AAA game but I like the ambient light shadow. Vegetation is different too. Looks like Endor's moon now lol.

I haven't played the original in quite a while, but the color palatte used in this gameplay clip looks pretty much the same as it's always looked.

Back