The Annual E3 Ubisoft press conference thread, 2017 edition

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Watching this.

The Switch collab game is actually really good. At least it looks like it'll be good. Very VERY X-com like with quirky humor.

The Crew 2 looks surprisingly good. You can drive cars, pilot plains, and race boats. Kind of like Forza Horizons on crack.

Regards,
SB

Skull & Bones, they are taking the gameplay from AC: Black Flag and turning it into a pirate game.

Potentially interesting. Looks like you can build and customize your own ship. No crews for ships unlike Sea of Thieves.

Regards,
SB

UBIsoft going hard with games for The Switch, another space themed battle toy game like a more serious Skylanders (in physical toy attachments, not gameplay)?

Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Regards,
SB

Assasins Creed is phenomenal to me. Great scenery, character, and weapons. A+ . That and Anthem and Ori are the reasons for XB One X. Right now they are playing through AC:Origins on XBOX onscreen.

I am both grateful and disappointed. It wasn't anywhere near as weird as usual. Other shows gets cringe-worthy. Ubisoft always got "jaw dropped wtf is going on?" reactions from me.

Strangely enough, I would have to give it best conference so far. By a goodly margin as well. I liked FC4 well enough so at some point, after price drops, I will probably get 5 to play around with. Skull and Bones - Theoretically a good pirate game that isn't a cartoon? You have my attention. Beyond Good and Evil, the first installation of which I never played, also got my attention. Too bad S&B is Fall 2018 and there was no release date and no game-play for BG&E2.

Still. Solid B+/ A- territory. Probably grading it a bit high since the others have been so underwhelming.

Felt like the "most E3" conference yet in the traditional sense....steady stream of big games. Lots of slick cgi as ubisoft likes to do but the only game that didn't have gameplay shown as far as I can remember was Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Felt like the "most E3" conference yet in the traditional sense....steady stream of big games. Lots of slick cgi as ubisoft likes to do but the only game that didn't have gameplay shown as far as I can remember was Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Yeah, I believe all except that one had gameplay after the CGI trailer. Although AC:O was an odd showing of them filming someone playing it on a monitor. But meh, we already saw AC:O gameplay at the MS conference.

Oh and one game that I didn't mention, the VR Horror game, didn't show gameplay.

Regards,
SB

I really liked this conference. It's the first one I watched. It wasn't brilliant, but it was - and especially the games shown were - very polished and enthusiastic.

There should be around 30 journalists trying a BGE2 demo at E3, so I expect you'll read from them soonish.
And it was announced their is some kind of early acces Space Monkey Program.
You'll have to read from the press as I can't say anything.

Back