Ori And The Will Of The Wisps @ 2020-03-11 [XO, PC, XGP]

Spirit Trials will be available.

Not sure I'll will be interested. I'm not really into leaderboards.

Tommy McClain

Spirit Trials will be available.

Not sure I'll will be interested. I'm not really into leaderboards.

Tommy McClain
the concept reminds me of one of my favourite Xbox One games, Powerstar Golf. A similar way, via leaderboards was the only way to play it online to some extent. In Ori it is different, imho.

btw, I completed the original Ori almost 3 months ago, at 4k. A great experience. I got stuck trying to find the power wall jump but when I did I could complete the game.

Announced slight delay until March 11 2020.

Here's the new Trailer:

It was funny to see on Dropped Frames coverage of the show, game developer Rami Ishmail jokingly comment that he hates this game. Basically saying (again jokingly) that no game deserves to look this beautiful in action.

I can't wait for this to come out. And even though I'll be able to play it on Game Pass, I'm going to buy it just because the developers absolutely deserve every penny of every purchase.

Regards,
SB

I can't wait for this to come out. And even though I'll be able to play it on Game Pass, I'm going to buy it just because the developers absolutely deserve every penny of every purchase.

++++++ 100% agreed. Can't wait.

Tommy McClain

'Gone gold'. An almost meaningless term in todays' development environment. I wonder what the equivalent was when games were sizzled to a million cartridges bearing E.T. stickers?
For current consoles, there's still the disc and playable offline requirement so I wouldn't say it's meaningless?

For current consoles, there's still the disc and playable offline requirement so I wouldn't say it's meaningless?
'Going gold' had more significance when you could not patch your game.

I also think it's nuts that devs still often hold back the digital release of a game even when it is fully playable, for marketing purposes to coincide with the retail release which necessitates waiting for discs to be duped, box art to printed, this to be batched and distributed through shipping and warehouses. The only platform where the retail release often follows the digital release is Switch. GOOOOOOOO! SWITCH!

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY LORD. I think this is in the running for the most beautiful game I've ever seen.

Started to watch ItmeJP play it and it's hard to stop watching because it's so gorgeous. It's, IMO a pretty massive upgrade over Ori and the Blind Forest. The dynamic lighting in it just adds so much. Seeing the feathers on an NPC being blown/ruffled by the wind in the flickering torchlight...ah, so nice.

ARGH, I NEED TO PLAY THIS NOW, DAGNABBIT! :)

Also, combat is different. And it looks MUCH harder.

You don't have your spirit friend from the first game shooting things. At least not so far.

Regards,
SB

I'm actually buying it*. Bought the last one too. But I'm not watching any gameplay. Have only seen the trailers. Can't wait for next week. Happy Birthday to me! :D

EDIT: Even though I can play it for free with Game Pass.

Tommy McClain

Back