Anthem

Holy moly that is insane. Frostbite at the next level! I might need a 2nd Vega for that one lol

Next level of graphics that Crysis brought us all those years ago?

While Bioware is a dead company to me. This might be the first game since DA:O and ME1 that I think is actually good from that company. Basically because it's not them F-ing up and ruining what could have been excellent and long lasting RPG franchises.

Still won't get me to install Origin though.

Regards,
SB

Holy moly that is insane. Frostbite at the next level! I might need a 2nd Vega for that one lol

Next level of graphics that Crysis brought us all those years ago?

When I compare gameplay graphics (first two minutes of Anthem excluded) Wildlands at ultra settings in UHD still looks better to me. Maybe this will change with PC gameplay of Anthem.

The seamless world with HUGE verticality seems nice.

But I've been burned by the lies of destiny (turns out this game is a full blown corridor shooter with lots of invisible walls and discourage players from engaging enemy in their own terms).

So I'll wait for a real human hands-on.

Looks nice, but I wonder how the story bits and the character interactions will play out. That's why I played the ME & DA trilogies.

Looks nice, but I wonder how the story bits and the character interactions will play out. That's why I played the ME & DA trilogies.
They're single player games though, not really the same concept. There will be a storyline obviously but you're limited when you're not in control of the protagonists.

Anthem is said to have an open world but in the video it seemed linear to me. If it remains linear it would not interest me just as the Metro game. I would only buy it as an open world game with this quality because I am mainly an open world player who likes credible videogame worlds.

Anthem is said to have an open world but in the video it seemed linear to me. If it remains linear it would not interest me just as the Metro game. I would only buy it as an open world game with this quality because I am mainly an open world player who likes credible videogame worlds.

I had the same thought @Jupiter especially when they stopped flying for some odd reason to prepare for the fight. It looked like open world in the sense of you can go where you want until you reach a trigger point that forces you out of open world and into a confined arena or fight space.

You saw some of the open world, but they didn't explore it in the demo. The underwater part that the main character dived into had an exploreable zone. The cave was another explorable zone that they could have explored by the main protagonist said they'd do that later.

They basically just stuck to the forest area because that's where their mission was and I assume to keep the demo short and focused.

That doesn't speak to how large an open world it might be, or whether it's just very large levels with multiple exploration zones, but it's certainly not a linear level design.

Regards,
SB

This looks like what destiny should have been. Way more inspired and less campy. Still, I don't get why these RPG and sci-fi guys make stuff so generic. How many more mechsuit games do we need?

@AlNets who is Drew? A former writter from MassEffect, if so which one (s)?

Back