The Annual E3 Bethesda press conference thread, 2017 edition

Erm. I just went to the twitch site for the stream, and it says they are going to start at 9 PM PT (Pacific Time)? Er, what?

Regards,
SB

Er Wut? I'm fairly certain the time listed was 7pm PST. I'll try to dig out the details again. Though I wouldn't be surprised if I made a mistake when I created all the E3 Conference threads all at the same time. :p

Erm. I just went to the twitch site for the stream, and it says they are going to start at 9 PM PT (Pacific Time)? Er, what?

Regards,
SB

Looks like I messed up and somehow got last year's times listed instead (?).

GameSpot also has it listed as 9pm PST. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-bethesda-press-conference-what-time-is-it-/1100-6450535/ )

Bethesda E3 2017 Press Conference Start Time (Gates Open)
  • June 11 at 9:00 PM PT
  • June 12 at 12:00 AM ET
  • June 12 at 5:00 AM GMT
  • June 12 at 2:00 PM AEST

If I did the conversions properly that maps out to the following:
Bethesda: 2017-06-11 @ 21:00 PST, 2017-06-12 00:00 EST, 05:00 BST, 06:00 CEST

Soo fallout 4 VR fall 2017 ? All platforms ? or do you think they will skip oculus ? Then we will see Doom VR for early 2018 and Elder Scrolls for fall 2018 with vr

Wolfenstein 2 looks very good. I'm surprised they went so deep with emphasizing quirky humor considering the first one was very grim.

Skyrim on Switch, was expected, although some were doubtful it would happen.

None of the VR stuff looked all that compelling to me. But then I'm not big on VR anyway.

Dishonored 2 DLC looks potentially promising.

The Evil Within 2, not enough shown to know whether it'll be good. The first one started off so promising and then went downhill.

Regards,
SB

I am not sure the last time I was trolled this hard. A 40 minute show that people expected to include at least a short reveal of Starfield. The stage is a starfield background. And then it is over. Nothing. Evil Bastards.

That show positively reeked of mothballs. Yeah, Skyrim is great. We get that. Can we move on now? And that Evil Within trailer. Sheesh. That was possibly the worst kind of nine-inch-nails-music-video-meets-PG13-horror I've ever seen. I'm glad the game exists. Would have loved if they'd shown it a bit, though. It's only a couple months away, so there has to be something.

Soo fallout 4 VR fall 2017 ? All platforms ? or do you think they will skip oculus ? Then we will see Doom VR for early 2018 and Elder Scrolls for fall 2018 with vr

All platforms not including consoles I'd assume. Or maybe just the Vive for now. I cannot imagine that Bethesda of all devs managed to get FO4 to run in VR on a PS4. Heck, it performs rather questionably at times without VR.

All platforms not including consoles I'd assume. Or maybe just the Vive for now. I cannot imagine that Bethesda of all devs managed to get FO4 to run in VR on a PS4. Heck, it performs rather questionably at times without VR.

Fallout 4 VR is Vive-only
and Doom VFR is Vive+PSVR. They'll obviously skip Oculus because Bethesda is owned by ZeniMax who is in still battling Facebook in courts over IP theft and NDA violations related to Oculus' purchase.

Fallout 4 VR is unfortunately PC-only, and given the game's rather egregious engine I wonder what they'll put down as minimum spec. "PC with quad-channel DDR3 1333MT/s, dual-channel DDR3 2400MT/s or faster"?

It's time to do like EA did with Frostbite and transition all your games to idTech, Bethesda.

With Skyrim VR being released for Playstation VR, after Skyrim for Switch, and Skyrim Special Edition for PS4Bone, and Skyrim Legendary Edition, etc. etc. I think this picture is relevant:

cqQ7qBC.jpg

I watched the Bethesda conference yesterday evening. It was both bizarre and underwhelming.

Back