The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

That music brings so many memories ! :love:
Yup. It's been two years ever since I completed it and I still remember it quite well. Got the PC version yesterday, the GOTY edition, which comes with all the expansions, which I missed on the Xbox One --lack of space, and I end up using the PC more for everything, and that includes playing, so I kinda missed them.

Just finished an end to end replay with all the DLC. Absolutely awesome :)
haven't got there yet. Starting from scratch on the PC. Gotta say though, that the 60 fps on the PC makes this game more glorious than it already is. I mean, the difference is night and day.

haven't got there yet. Starting from scratch on the PC. Gotta say though, that the 60 fps on the PC makes this game more glorious than it already is. I mean, the difference is night and day.

You need to get some mods on that. Witcher 3 on PC with the right mods can look vastly better than the stock version. It's similar to Skyrim in that regard.

You need to get some mods on that. Witcher 3 on PC with the right mods can look vastly better than the stock version. It's similar to Skyrim in that regard.
thanks for the tip. do I have to create a Mods folder in the game's main folder and copy the files within a subdirectory called content to use mods?

thanks for the tip. do I have to create a Mods folder in the game's main folder and copy the files within a subdirectory called content to use mods?

In most cases you just copy the whole mod folder into the new "Mods" folder that you created in the games main folder and they'll just work. Some mods are more complex though but most come with pretty good installation instructions. My main mods are as follows:

- Dark Cold Graphics
- STLM 2.2 (turbo lighting)
- HD Reworked 4.1

The version numbers are pretty important. There are newer versions but I found these to work better with each other. The newer version of STLM for example is crap compared to this older version IMO.

I also play in stereoscopic 3D, which is simply spectacular.

In most cases you just copy the whole mod folder into the new "Mods" folder that you created in the games main folder and they'll just work. Some mods are more complex though but most come with pretty good installation instructions. My main mods are as follows:

- Dark Cold Graphics
- STLM 2.2 (turbo lighting)
- HD Reworked 4.1

The version numbers are pretty important. There are newer versions but I found these to work better with each other. The newer version of STLM for example is crap compared to this older version IMO.

I also play in stereoscopic 3D, which is simply spectacular.
ok thanks! I think this should work then --I created the Mods folder in the game's main folder.

Capture.png

Well, I finally got around to get Witcher 3 on the Steam Sale. I am11 hours in and honestly... it is one of the most boring RPGs I have ever played:
- Combat gets old quickly and barely requires any brain work. Now he even selects automatically the best weapon to use and if you got the right potions/oils its very easy;
- Side quests are abundant but start to be predictable after a while ("OK, this guy who is asking for help will be the bad guy in the end? Do I help him... ad nauseam);
- Graphics are very good, but lack variety (houses all look the same, variety of vegetation is limited);
- World is huge but so crowded with vegetation most of the freaking time that my memory of it is a green blur.
- The main quest is constantly being interrupted because Guy X will only tell what I need if I do Y. Breaks story momentum and makes me not care for it. After all there is no urgency, no world threatening events.
- I found Geralt very robotic and non-interesting as a main character. Every time there is a conversation with an NPC, they have way more charisma than the protagonist! He makes conversations a chore.

"Quantity is not necessarily Quality" is the moto that comes to my mind.

Am I the only one who thinks this game was seriously over-hyped? I'm undecided if I should continue to play it or not.

Well, I finally got around to get Witcher 3 on the Steam Sale. I am11 hours in and honestly... it is one of the most boring RPGs I have ever played:
- Combat gets old quickly and barely requires any brain work. Now he even selects automatically the best weapon to use and if you got the right potions/oils its very easy;
- Side quests are abundant but start to be predictable after a while ("OK, this guy who is asking for help will be the bad guy in the end? Do I help him... ad nauseam);
- Graphics are very good, but lack variety (houses all look the same, variety of vegetation is limited);
- World is huge but so crowded with vegetation most of the freaking time that my memory of it is a green blur.
- The main quest is constantly being interrupted because Guy X will only tell what I need if I do Y. Breaks story momentum and makes me not care for it. After all there is no urgency, no world threatening events.
- I found Geralt very robotic and non-interesting as a main character. Every time there is a conversation with an NPC, they have way more charisma than the protagonist! He makes conversations a chore.

Am I the only one who thinks this game was seriously over-hyped? I'm undecided if I should continue to play it or not.
what mode do you have it set on? I played the game on hard. It's great imo. I woudln't say that action is the 'best part' of W3 though. It's sort of everything put together.

what mode do you have it set on? I played the game on hard. It's great imo. I woudln't say that action is the 'best part' of W3 though. It's sort of everything put together.

I'm playing on normal mode. Sure there are some combats that are harder (e.g. the werewolf because of its life regeneration), but generally speaking combat is not rewarding. Its a grind without any "Oomph".

I'm playing on normal mode. Sure there are some combats that are harder (e.g. the werewolf because of its life regeneration), but generally speaking combat is not rewarding. Its a grind without any "Oomph".
I'd agree that ti's not the best part of the game, but it's better on harder modes

I think it starts a bit slow and gets good once you have a decent number of decoctions to play with and a few options for what kind of style to pursue.

Well I pressed on (also just now noticed I posted on Console forum while I'm playing on PC, although on the living room through the Steam Link and PS3 controller) and started enjoying it a little bit more. Liked the quest chain with Keira through those old ruins and also its follow up with the Crone witches. Way better than the Bloody Baron side.

I haven't played in over 1.5 years but I still need to finish it sometime. 175 hours in and still in skellige. I really need to stop wanting to explore every thing on the map.

The Blood & Wine addon actually adresses one of these issues: it's also a massive piece of land, but it seems far more varied and designed. It's way easier to memorize because of it and you can traverse it by simply obverving your surroundings.

Well I pressed on (also just now noticed I posted on Console forum while I'm playing on PC, although on the living room through the Steam Link and PS3 controller) and started enjoying it a little bit more. Liked the quest chain with Keira through those old ruins and also its follow up with the Crone witches. Way better than the Bloody Baron side.
It gets better and better. Keep going and there are some realy nice quests sprinkled around the whole game. I think we all love Witcher for the little stories it tells throughout, not for mechanics or anything else. One is always immersed in cool and warm stories, thats what I get out of it.

Even after finishing the game and both DLCs, I still dip in on random days and play a side quest, a little story of unkown characters, and enjoy meeting and them in that world.

It gets better and better. Keep going and there are some realy nice quests sprinkled around the whole game. I think we all love Witcher for the little stories it tells throughout, not for mechanics or anything else. One is always immersed in cool and warm stories, thats what I get out of it.

Even after finishing the game and both DLCs, I still dip in on random days and play a side quest, a little story of unkown characters, and enjoy meeting and them in that world.

Yes, I agree. There are so many little interesting stories that compensate for the combat (I still do not like it a lot) and I'm only at 24 hours. It still feels like the beginning though, and level up is quite slow as well (only lvl 10 atm), so I'm already thinking "damn, this will take me quite a while to finish and have so many games on my bucket list including PSVR, that it hurts" xD

Back