Kodi W10 App

I put together a new HTPC a bit back and the W10 Kodi app will just not do anything other than stutter while playing videos. I finally downloaded the W version of SPMC (android kodi fork), and it plays videos just fine - without any tinkering in the settings.

I have a working solution now, but I'm just curious if anybody could think of a reason why the W10 app had such difficulties? I tried turning the sync settings and refresh settings on and off but that didn't seem to matter. My Google-Fu failed me as well.

Not a big deal, but it bugs me a bit that it didn't work. PC is a first gen i5 with an old Radeon GPU, but both of those should be more than sufficient with the 6GB of ram.

Any thoughts on how to trouble shoot?

Make sure sync playback to display is off and DXVA2 acceleration is on. What is the Radeon GPU? What audio output are you using?

uynsure, my kodi is working fine on w10. But you do need to uninstall/reinstall to get the updates for UWP/

Make sure sync playback to display is off and DXVA2 acceleration is on. What is the Radeon GPU? What audio output are you using?

I'll check the DXVA2 acceleration. Not sure what the GPU is, it's an old budget card, probably on par with 2nd gen intel integrated graphics or so. Video and audio are both HDMI

But you do need to uninstall/reinstall to get the updates for UWP/

Aren't all W10 apps downloaded from the store UWP?

I'll check the DXVA2 acceleration. Not sure what the GPU is, it's an old budget card, probably on par with 2nd gen intel integrated graphics or so. Video and audio are both HDMI

Aren't all W10 apps downloaded from the store UWP?
Yes 'ish. It's just that normally UWP apps update themselves (in the store), whereas KODI didn't. It needed to be uninstalled and re-downloaded from the store.

I think you should try playing a 60 Hz video if you haven't already, then you would at least know if it's a sync problem with kodi and the display.

Yes 'ish. It's just that normally UWP apps update themselves (in the store), whereas KODI didn't. It needed to be uninstalled and re-downloaded from the store.
any explanation for that? It's odd because as you said, and from my own experience, store stuff updates itsefl

Back