CryptoCurrency Mining with GPUs *spawn*

I dont think it mixes anything. The GTX1080 has twice the compute performance and 50% higher bandwidth and yet provides only a slight performance lead over the GTX1060...

I dont think it mixes anything. The GTX1080 has twice the compute performance and 50% higher bandwidth and yet provides only a slight performance lead over the GTX1060...

nah it does, , cause when I undervolt and underclock my rx 580 rig but keep the memory frequency at 2200, my hash rates go from 30 per card down to 25. But if I go above 1370 on my core clocks I don't get over 30mh/s

Isn't memory BW, not compute, the most precious resource for Ethereum mining?

Latency too it seems, cache&stuff...

My question was about power consumption in the end, as I see my fury X more demanding in some games, that in compute only stuff like mining or folding.

I should not have searched for the price of the Tesla P4... Anyway, I have an old R290 taking the dust, I'll will use it for eth, and change my power supply by the same occasion.

RX 570/580 can be severely undervolted (some down to 780mv) providing amazing ETH hash/watt. My Rx570's do 27Mh/s with 831mv with 91watts (at the wall!). They barely get hot.

If my RX570 had better quality Elpida chips, that ratio would jump to 30Mh/s which is insane. The cards costed me 180€.

If you are wondering how many cards are being put into mining, check the difficulty chart for ETH https://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/ethereum-difficulty-chart.

This is a hole new business on its own. Gamers be damned

With the new Vega and (hopefully) better memory / cache / blablabla, I'm curious to see the mining perf for eth, zcash,...

I haven't seen this posted here yet.

https://videocardz.com/newz/first-look-at-pascal-based-gpu-cryptocurrency-mining-station

Looks like shit is getting real.

GPU-Mining-GP106-100-1-768x987.jpg

GPU-Mining-GP106-100-2-768x983.jpg

200 MH/s ETH for 1000 watts? That's not very impressive, can do and actually did that with "wasteful" commodity hardware plus a little tuning. Base-system was a - in terms of power usage - thoroughly unoptimized i7-6800K with a closed-loop fluid cooling... so at least 100 watts, probably more wasted there alone.

But interesting to see that some vendors seem to have alternate plans in times of Polaris shortages. :)

Damned, I tried to add my old r290 to my gaming (mining when I have nothing to play) rig (watercooled 5820k@4.2ghz+FuryX in the same loop), and it's a no go... My r290 is a HiS IceQx2, a big ass card, and I couldn't put it in without changing some tubing... And I won't do that :eek: If Vega is good, It will replace my Fury X. The plan is to wait for a waterblock for Vega, and put it in the loop... Vega for gaming and mining, Fury X mining only... BTW, since my Fury X is very well cooled, it eat only 180-185w when I'm mining, so it's not that bad. I see some rig where it's eating 230+watts... (I measured this with... I don't know the english word, wattmeter I guess). My rig is pulling 105-110w from the wall when idle, and 285-290 when gpu mining. BTW it shows that the fury X sensors are pretty accurate, since it's showing 180-185w in hwinfo... Anyway, I digress, sorry.

I upgraded my PSU , so opening my case was not a waste :eek:

Last edited:
Back