Movie Reviews 2.0

will probably be the best DC movie in a long time.
Sure! It even inspired the diva:
“So then they were going to do this bit where they shoot her, I think, and they kill her — in the movie. Not in real life,” Huebel explained in an interview on EW’s SiriusXM station. “But she didn’t want that. She was like, ‘I don’t think my character would get killed by bullets. What if I deflected them like Wonder Woman?’ They were like, ‘Mariah, we don’t have time for [this]. You’re getting paid so much money. We have you for one day. We don’t have time to argue with you. Just do it.’”

Wonder Woman was fairly good imo. The two main characters were very well done and acting was good also. Most of the humour was funny enough. I do feel they dropped the ball on a couple of things. The action scenes were pretty good overall, but
at least in my opinion ARES was underwhelming in every way. The battle scene should have had bigger scope and ARES should have been built up more and have a bigger more believable and menacing presence/appearance. I feel like he was mostly wasted, similarly as Doomsday was in BvS. The posse didn't add much either.

The story was solid if not little too safe and unsurprising. I give it 3.75/5.

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Funny & heart warming. Good amount of action for an origin story. A nice setup for Justice League. Give it a 4 out of 5 stars. Highly recommend.

Was disappointed at the lack of connections to the DC Universe. Wayne Tech & Bruce were the only mentions. He wasn't even in the movie. So a few missed oppurtunities there.

Tommy McClain

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Funny & heart warming. Good amount of action for an origin story. A nice setup for Justice League. Give it a 4 out of 5 stars. Highly recommend.

Was disappointed at the lack of connections to the DC Universe. Wayne Tech & Bruce were the only mentions. He wasn't even in the movie. So a few missed oppurtunities there.

Tommy McClain

I liked the fact that it was its own standalone film, and I think it was a deliberate effort to keep away from the rather lacking rest of the DCU.

Last edited:
I just watched Aliens. Wow at Sigourney... She managed to portray a true badass, but in a credible way. I liked this sequel.

By the way, I saw this:

2n9md94.jpg

And I thought "ew, low resolution shadows". :D

EDIT: by the way, the less credible thing in this movie I think it was the little girl screaming: that same pitch, so many seconds, so many times... I dunno, not credible enough and a tad annoying.

Oh, and the low resolution shadows comment wasn't supposed to be a joke, it was truly the first thought that came to my mind. XD

Last edited:
Watched Logan yesterday and to be honest I was somewhat disappointment. In many ways it felt like I was watching Terminator 2 and the plot didn't make that much sense to me either.

I've seen all the X-men movies but you just get dropped into the story. Wolverine is apparently sick, something happened to all the mutants and Xavier went nutty. Not of it is properly explained. Also kid Wolverine, arguably the strongest of all the kids in the movie, needed tons of help to get to that mountain but all the other kids just got there with what appears very little problems.

Then they need to get across the border, that in itself already makes little sense because if there really are so few mutants left that means all countries must have been trying to get rid of them so it shouldn't be a issue. Yes I know they are actually military experiments but the Canadians wouldn't know that.

To me it very much felt Wolverine had to die so they can reboot the whole thing with a new/younger cast.

The girl is a badass though. Liked her.

It's not a bad movie if you don't care about X-men or just want to see some good action but I felt a bit let down on the Wolverine front.

Yesterday I watched Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace. It was the second time I watched it. Each time, I started with the original trilogy and then went to the prequel trilogy. Seriously, I don't understand the high criticism this movie got.

To me, the worst things were Jar Jar Binks (obviously... stupid, supposedly-funny-but-in-reality-not-funny(at-all) character) and the midi-chlorians (it was a weird, unnecessary addition to this saga, honestly... in my opinion), but none of these negative aspects can outweigh the good things in this movie (again, IMO), which make it an enormously entertaining film: an interesting prequel setting and story (true, it may be considered way too juvenile in comparison with the original trilogy, but I don't think we should let our expectations be that biased either), it has nice action sequences (the pod race and the gungan battle against the droids rocked), the new computer tech allowed better effects and beautiful new environments, and it set what I consider a good emotional start/origin to the later episodes, which are way darker (that's why I felt sadder, actually, because I was able to get to know the origin of Vader and I knew how it all would end up). Also, I gladly "conDEWNed" Queen Amidala's accent. ^_^ It was cool.

To me, the worst things were Jar Jar Binks (obviously... stupid, supposedly-funny-but-in-reality-not-funny(at-all) character) and the midi-chlorians (it was a weird, unnecessary addition to this saga, honestly... in my opinion), but none of these negative aspects can outweigh the good things in this movie (again, IMO), which make it an enormously entertaining film: an interesting prequel setting and story (true, it may be considered way too juvenile in comparison with the original trilogy, but I don't think we should let our expectations be that biased either), it has nice action sequences (the pod race and the gungan battle against the droids rocked), the new computer tech allowed better effects and beautiful new environments, and it set what I consider a good emotional start/origin to the later episodes, which are way darker (that's why I felt sadder, actually, because I was able to get to know the origin of Vader and I knew how it all would end up). Also, I gladly "conDEWNed" Queen Amidala's accent. ^_^ It was cool.
You spent half the paragraph stating how bad it was, that tells me it really is that bad :) Which it is. Sure it has some nice effects but the whole movie was simply far too juvenile for a star wars movie.

You spent half the paragraph stating how bad it was, that tells me it really is that bad :) Which it is. Sure it has some nice effects but the whole movie was simply far too juvenile for a star wars movie.
No, it wasn't, IT WASN'T!! I'm not listening to you... *covers ears* Lalalalalala! :(

Phantom Menace actually has a sort of dichotomy in its story - the surface level stuff is probably juvenile indeed, but on the other end is the ascension of Palpatine / Sidious, with all the political machinations, which is, at least for Star Wars, perhaps even a bit too much. I mean some people didn't even realize that the two were the same person :)

Phantom Menace actually has a sort of dichotomy in its story - the surface level stuff is probably juvenile indeed, but on the other end is the ascension of Palpatine / Sidious, with all the political machinations, which is, at least for Star Wars, perhaps even a bit too much. I mean some people didn't even realize that the two were the same person :)
It's nice to see some positive comments about this movie other than mine. :LOL: The most striking dichotomy (or contrast) in comparison with the original trilogy, to me, was the story about Anakin: how it begins as a sweet story which you know will end up so bad, as I mentioned before.

Huh, I may be juvenile, but I expect enjoying Episode II soon.

On the other hand... last year I watched Episode VII and... utter shit, IMO. I couldn't feel more detached to it. At the beginning of the screening, I was happy like a child, I swear. I was so excited... I was smiling and my eyes shone so much that I could tell people were thinking I smoked something just before going to the cinema. When the movie ended... my mouth was slightly open and I could tell people were thinking I was holding in a fart or something, because of the weird shape I guess my eyebrows made. I was WTFed. Disappointing plot, lame villain... Surprisingly to me, it was critically acclaimed by lots of reviewers.

Oh, well... :rolleyes:

It's nice to see some positive comments about this movie other than mine. :LOL: The most striking dichotomy (or contrast) in comparison with the original trilogy, to me, was the story about Anakin: how it begins as a sweet story which you know will end up so bad, as I mentioned before.

Huh, I may be juvenile, but I expect enjoying Episode II soon.

On the other hand... last year I watched Episode VII and... utter shit, IMO. I couldn't feel more detached to it. At the beginning of the screening, I was happy like a child, I swear. I was so excited... I was smiling and my eyes shone so much that I could tell people were thinking I smoked something just before going to the cinema. When the movie ended... my mouth was slightly open and I could tell people were thinking I was holding in a fart or something, because of the weird shape I guess my eyebrows made. I was WTFed. Disappointing plot, lame villain... Surprisingly to me, it was critically acclaimed by lots of reviewers.

Oh, well... :rolleyes:

You are not the only one. I really disliked Episode VII. Watched it a second time and was less critical. But by that time I had already made my peace with the mind boggling plot holes / totally nonsensical parts of it (like how did they know exactly how to defeat the new dead star planet thing in less than 10 minutes after discovering it existed, while a few decades before they actually had to steal the plans for it!).
Loved Rogue One though!

Back