The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2017 edition

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
I expect a nice, epic boss fight set piece from God of War running on the Pro with what can be mistaken as launch PS5 graphics :). Other than that I fully expect games like Spiderman, Days Gone, Detroit and new trailer of Death Stranding to blow my socks off. Surprise trailers like Bloodborne 2, Sucker Punch's new game and perhaps DMC5 would elevate the conference to heaven high. Also excited to see walkthroughs of COD WWII and hopefully RDR2.

GOW is a given, there's already a massive mural with Kratos at e3. Then Days Gone and TLOU2.

Bloodborne 3 would be a dream.

Maybe we will finally understand what the frak is Death Stranding, but I won't count on it. I don't think we'll know what it's really about even after we finish the game.

Spiderman will take centre stage, simply because Sony is making money from the movie (which is out in July) and they'll be pushing this as much as they can.

Uncharted and Horizon DLCs obvs.

Gran Turizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmo. BORING.

Bloodborne 3 would be awesome, as we would also get Bloodborne 2 on top I guess :D

I am here for God of War!! That is all that I need...put it right into my veins!!!

King Kratos...I am waiting :cool:

Last edited:
GOW is a given, there's already a massive mural with Kratos at e3. Then Days Gone and TLOU2.

Spiderman will take centre stage, simply because Sony is making money from the movie (which is out in July) and they'll be pushing this as much as they can.

I keep forgetting God of War and Spider-Man, I remember them occasionally, but yeah.. I'm really looking forward to them. Plus... what have Sucker Punch been working on since inFamous/First Light? They must be ready to make an appearance. There's so much that looks interesting in Sony's future that they could show. I've had zero interest in previous David Cage games but Detroit really looks interesting. And then there is WiLD. Are they ever going to show WiLD again? It's been three years!

Anything other then Bloodborne 2 and I am crying... ;)

...and of course God of War being more like the God of War I know and love. No interest in a reskinned The Last of Us.

I just hope they don't sacrifice too much of the epic sized set pieces for father and son moments, interested on how they go about with the level design.

I just hope they don't sacrifice too much of the epic sized set pieces for father and son moments, interested on how they go about with the level design.

The son and his wimpiness is my main concern with this game. I hope to god he progresses in the game. In that environment and situation he should be hardened, he even has scars in his face. He should be like the kid in Logan.

The son and his wimpiness is my main concern with this game. I hope to god he progresses in the game. In that environment and situation he should be hardened, he even has scars in his face. He should be like the kid in Logan.

Wimpy kid might just turn out to be the most badass by the end of the game, you never know!

Perhaps the scars are why he's wimpy? Bad experience making him afraid? Plus Kratos might be doing his utmost to keep the child innocent and not a psycho murdering scumball like his pop. There's no doubt a growth story in there.

Perhaps the scars are why he's wimpy? Bad experience making him afraid? Plus Kratos might be doing his utmost to keep the child innocent and not a psycho murdering scumball like his pop. There's no doubt a growth story in there.

I watched the initial gameplay footage again and to be honest he wasn't quite as wimpy as I had remembered.

I think Kratos is simply trying to teach him how to survive without any higher motives. In general that environment seems fairly primitive and dangerous and kids probably are taught or should be taught to cope with that reality, instead of borrowing too much shit from our reality where food comes from the supermarket in a colourful packages. It's little off putting that this kid has hunted before, but never killed an animal before and struggling to do so.

Excited to see more though.

Last edited:
The twist is that it's all an act as the evil antagonist gods are whispering to the boy to betray Dad of War later.

I think they'll have to show what Sucker Punch have been working on, it's been 3 years since second son.

I think they'll have to show what Sucker Punch have been working on, it's been 3 years since second son.

I seem to recall reading that SP had a new project and that got cancelled and had to start over with another one.... Then 3 years might mean anything...

Back