Problems and Feature Requests

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
In order to better track things that are wrong with the forums or feature requests for future functionality, I've setup a Trello board. Trello is what I use to manage what I'm doing for the non-public Beyond3D things, so it has benefits for me in a couple of areas, as a means to track the public issues:

a) it's the tool I use anyway for my task tracking
b) it allows you to vote up things you'd like me to fix, add, change or remove, which is something the forum software can't easily do

https://trello.com/b/y88evYko/beyond3d-forums

If you have something to report and want to add it to the Trello, leave me your email address in a PM and I'll invite you to the board. Sorry it's not as easy as posting here with an issue, but it helps me out and keeps everything in one place.

for a feature, i think a preview -> post reply workflow would be good.
I do find myself, and a couple others, who will post a reply, read their own reply, realize they made some typo, or realized it was unclear, and go back and edit it.

I think if it went from posting -> preview -> reply, would probably lower the instances of that happening. You'd probably opt in if you're interested in that type of thing.
But I think it would be useful on this board, the karma/rep on this board is largely based on the quality of your post/knowledge of the subject, this feature would align with that (for individual who care to make quality posts)

I opened the main forum page and got this layout
dufGfum.jpg

Then 10 mins later when I reopened the same page I got this layout (opera 43.0)
v2xuMpW.jpg

for a feature, i think a preview -> post reply workflow would be good.
I do find myself, and a couple others, who will post a reply, read their own reply, realize they made some typo, or realized it was unclear, and go back and edit it.
Have you never clicked the More Options... button?...

I opened the main forum page and got this layout
dufGfum.jpg

Then 10 mins later when I reopened the same page I got this layout (opera 43.0)
v2xuMpW.jpg
I get the second one now in Firefox and I rather prefer the first one. It's much more orderly to my eye, the bottom one is like a shotgun blast of forums in front of me.

How do I make it like the top one again?

Depends on the time of day. The site has some tasks scheduled such as DB backups that might cause such things. It isn't a number of times to retry but by the time you try it in Chrome the task is done so it would have worked in Edge too.

The forums go down for 10-12 mins every day at 2am CEST, to perform a backup. Otherwise the forums should be fully available with no downtime (unless mentioned in this subforum when I'm doing maintenance).

Why is there no "mark forums as read" option? Or I can't find it.

Oh there is, in the upper left corner, didn't look there. Sorry.

Last edited:
Has anyone suggested a Dark theme that displays the forum front page like the Default theme does? Dark Default? ;)

Back