The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2017 edition

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Here's the official thread for discussing the MS press conference at this year's E3.

Microsoft: 2017-06-11 @ 14:00 PST, 17:00 EST, 22:00 BST, 23:00 CEST

XBox Site: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3
Mixer Site:http://mixer.com/
Twitch Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/xbox
YouTube Stream: https://www.youtube.com/user/xbox
Twitter Stream: www.twitter.com/xbox
Facebook Stream: http://www.facebook.com/xbox

Also available on FUSE TV!

---
https://majornelson.com/2017/06/06/xbox-at-e3-2017-everything-you-need-to-know/

Here at Xbox, we’re hard at work getting ready for the big show. We’ll be kicking things off with the Xbox E3 2017 Briefing, which you can watch live beginning on Sunday, June 11 at 2:00 p.m. PDT. We’re extremely excited to announce that, for the first time, our briefing will be broadcast in 4K! If your monitor or TV supports the technology, you can watch the Xbox E3 2017 Briefing live in glorious 4K on the official Xbox Mixer Channel or on the Mixer app for Xbox One. You’ll also be able to catch a live stream of the briefing on the Xbox Twitch Channel, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook Live.

This year, on Mixer, the Xbox E3 2017 Briefing will be offered in six languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish (LATAM), Portuguese (LATAM), and includes support for English Closed Captions. To select an alternate language, click the “cog” button within Mixer to view the available list.

We’re also very happy to announce that we’re partnering with the multiplatform media company Fuse to bring the Xbox E3 2017 Briefing to cable and satellite subscribers in the U.S. and Canada at 2:00 p.m. PDT (or 5:00 p.m. EDT for you east coast dwellers!) with encores airing on Fuse’s sister network FM on June 12 at 9:00pm/ET and June 15 at 1:00am/ET. Be sure to hit up Fuse.tv to find out where you can watch Fuse or download the Fuse TV app.

Some interesting predictions. Forza is a given for like 99% of people. I am not so sure. Anwyays, what I actually want is PGR5.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/06/04/e3-2017-predictions-microsoft.aspx

Forza.jpg

I hope there's some kind of graphically impressive, non-Forza, exclusive that really blows out the Scorpio's capabilities...

I'm not sure what that would be considering they've ruled out Halo 6, I dont know but I'm assuming Gears is out for a few years, etc.

I'm not sure. But while I'm not expecting this, I could see any of the following possibly happening.

Multiplatform games at 1080p with PC level Very High/Ultra settings or 4k at slightly enhanced console settings when run on Project Scorpio. This could be a user selectable choice.

Announcement of a new IP. Announcement of resurrecting an old IP.

I've heard a few people in RL and online mention how they'd love to see a modern Viva Pinata, for example.

Potential for announcing some 3rd party Play Anywhere titles.

In the "WTF just happened" category, IE - not likely to happen in a million years.

MS announces they've partnered with Nintendo and will be handling the online aspects for the Nintendo Switch as well as UWP coming to the Switch. :p MS then announces a new Xbox handheld coming out called the Xbox Switch. :p

Regards,
SB

I hope there's some kind of graphically impressive, non-Forza, exclusive that really blows out the Scorpio's capabilities...

I'm not sure what that would be considering they've ruled out Halo 6, I dont know but I'm assuming Gears is out for a few years, etc.

Regardless of exclusives..when you think of where we are in this gen, developers are really starting to get the most out their engines on PS4/Xbox One. So I expect to see some impressive looking PS4/Xbox One games. Then with that considered those games could be running at 4K on Scorpio. So that in itself will be pretty impressive.

As in Scorpio exclusive, not avaiable on XBox? Or XB exclusive with significantly enhanced Scorpio version?

Supposedly that nktrnl guy leaked all this on 4chan or whatever. I forgot what he leaked, I think one of Ms's e3's. However it's also supposedly from IM's from nktrnl or whatever, so it's like a 2nd hand leak making it possibly even more dodgy.

Here is a summary of Ntkrnl Information that he told over the span of the past days. Plz do not share this outside of Discord and especially not on major Forums like Gaf or Reddit.
Ntkrl is trusting us like he did in the past, we also don't want him to get trouble

So lets start
this is a list of games that we can expect for Microsoft E3 Showing. Obviously some minor things can change during the next two weeks, but most of the conference is
prepared and set.

New Gameplay:
Crackdown 3 (this game will get a huge showing, combining the cloud technology with the power of the scorpio - MS aims for an GTA Online Style of Game with an ongoing support
over the next years. It looks absolutely incredible
Will be an Launch Title for Scorpio

Sea of Thieves
They will show an Cave Mission where you fight against a Kraken with your mates and another pirate crew.
Release will be March 2018

Forza 7
I didn't get a chance to see this game, but it will be there, no surprise
Release will be 20th September

State of Decay 2
i will get more informations on this game during the next week. Release is slated for Q4 2017
New Announcements:

Now this is the part where it gets juicy

Exclusive Ninja Gaiden Project:
the deal was made in 2015 - a new Ninja Gaiden is on its way, exclusive for Xbox One, funded by MS.
now that NIOh is released, the game went into full production - Release 2018 (could be pushed back to 2019)
Spencer visited Japan recently to make sure the game is doing fine. It is and it looks absolutey incredible. Will be Microsoft Answer to
Core Games like Bloodborne or Ni Oh
4K - 60 FPS pure freaking Action

Borderlands 3 (time exclusive)
due contract reasons of an ongoing deal between 2k and Microsoft (since 360 era) Borderlands will be time exclusive for one year.
The last i knew about this deal was 2014 - it could have changed (instead exclusive Content)
Announcement this E3 - Release 18/19

Fable Online
Studio Fobo is working on a Fable Game. Its basically a ressurection of the Fable Legends Project.
However they will make drastical changes, no moba game this time, more of an Online RPG inspired by Destiny.
You can go on mission with friends, meet in towns where you can eqcuip and sell your weapons. Looks and sounds promising and
is Microsoft Chance to revive this Franchise.
What i was told is basically that if Fable Online (i don't know the final name) does well, Microsoft will greenlight a full fledged mainline Fable 4 Game.
Release 2018
Capcom Vancouver
New Ip - Knight of the Aegis (fully funded by Microsoft)
so this deal is a bit complicated.
Micorosft made a 3 Games Contract/Deal with Capcom in 2011/12.
Game Nr.1 was Dead Rising (Dead Rising 4 got greenlighted after its sucess & therefore is not Game Nr.2 or planned in 2012)
Game Nr.2 was Monster Hunter (this deal doesn't mean the next MH is exclusive on XBox, but Harrisson wanted a guarantee that the popular Franchise from Japan also makes its way to
Xbox - that means, MH5 will be announced at E3 at Sonys Stage and will release on Ps4,Xbox One and PC. This Deal was made at a time, when Microsoft still wanted to get a ground
on the japanese market - today they wouldn't make this deal again.

Game nr.3 and now comes the interesting part was made for an exclusive Dino Crisis Game fully funded by Microsoft, however Capcom Vancouver didn't want to make that game & the other
Capcom Studios were busy with other Projects.
The Plan got ditched and instead they agreed to work on a new ip (which will replace Game Nr.3 for Microsoft)

The new Ip by Capcom Vancouver is called Knight of Aegis

(1974, New York City. You are recruited into the Order of Aegis, an elite brotherhood of Mystic Knights sworn to protect and keep the peace between the mortal and supernatural realms.
When a powerful evil stirs in the darkness, you must master the ancient powers of the past in order to save humanity's future.
New IP by Obsidian

has no name yet - Project Uranus

Sci-Fi FPS-RPG Game
Its like a Mix of Destiny and Borderlands (with an Comic Artstyle)

Maybe the most ambitious Microsoft Ip at this Moment - the game is set to be a GAAS (game as a Service) which will be updated with new content (classes, planets, story missions)

i don't know much about this, and it will release not before 2019 (i would guess 2020).

This is also the only game, where im not sure if we will see it at Microsoft Conference or not. They certainly planned it in Febraury, but by now their plans could have changed
Third Party Marketing

Shadow of Mordor
Borderlands 3
Assassins Creed Origins
NBA 2K18
Metal Gear Survive

A lot of "like Destiny" mentions. That gets me excited for any games likened to Destiny. Gee, the game was pretty influential :)

Crackdown, Sea of Thieves, etc do zero for me. Project Uranus and the 'like Destiny" fable Project though sound good.

Ninja Gaiden is awesome though I probably wouldn't play it. But 2018/19 makes it not exciting.

Some guys I know play GTA online like I play Destiny. so, i can see an online focused Crackdown being big, even if it's not for me.

I always assumed first parties dont do MMO's (or, Destiny style games) because it's too resource intensive for all but mutiplats. Interesting to see MS trying some.

If this is true, It all sounds eminently plausible but who knows.

Here's the official thread for discussing the MS press conference at this year's E3.

Microsoft: 2017-06-11 @ 14:00 PST, 17:00 EST, 22:00 BST, 23:00 CEST

XBox Site: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3
Mixer Site:http://mixer.com/
Twitch Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/xbox
YouTube Stream: https://www.youtube.com/user/xbox

(provide links in replies and I'll include them!)

Just wanted to say thank you for all the stickied threads for E3! Can't wait for all the new announcements :runaway:

Last edited:
Would be kinda fun if they pulled something similar to the 360S reveal (box within a box).
actually, this was one of my favourite moments in a E3 conference. A girl with a box walking towards the center of the stage and getting the Xbox 360 out of the box. So natural and simple, it didn't look like the typical E3 conference unveiling.

Some videos to help the hype:

Some guys I know play GTA online like I play Destiny. so, i can see an online focused Crackdown being big, even if it's not for me.

If they do a good job with the online and MMO-lite aspect like GTA V it could have potential to be a Twitch streaming hit. Games that are popular on Twitch often see a huge spike in sales. This has happened with The Squad (absolutely amazing game) and GTA V (keeping sales high). Recently the For Honor devs have spoken about how Twitch was their most effective advertising channel for the game at launch (they had a huge pre-launch sponsored event on Twitch). Interesting as it was also their cheapest advertising channel.

Regards,
SB

Updated first post with additional information from Xbox Wire including TV broadcast via FUSE TV.

Back