Movie Reviews 2.0

Call me soft, but I prefer this version of the attack on Alderaan:

Cheers
:LOL:

By the way, in that scene (the real one, I mean), I always loved the way Leia shows her dramatic devastation because of the destruction of her home planet. :rolleyes:

Just watched Split (movie staring James McAvoy, film by M. Night. Shyamalan) a few days ago. Just WOW and left speechless.

Mastery performance by McAvoy and just really tense story telling my Night. Has anyone else seen this?

Just watched Split (movie staring James McAvoy, film by M. Night. Shyamalan) a few days ago. Just WOW and left speechless.

Mastery performance by McAvoy and just really tense story telling my Night. Has anyone else seen this?
I did! Probably the best Night Shyamalan movie since Sixth Sense. Very very good. Interesting to see it's part of a "cinematic universe" with Unbreakable (with Bruce Willis, remember that one?). Cinematic universes are all the rage these days.

Really? Shows how much I've been living behind a rock these couple of months. I hadn't heard anything about the movie and simply watched it on the off chance that I like seeing McAvoy and it being by Night somewhat raised my interest (though admittedly, I had written off after the last few movies that I didn't really like much).

Off to go see the new Alien movie tonight btw. Woooooooo!

I really liked Alien Covenant. Predictable, but super effective. The cast was fantastic, and the visuals were as gorgeous as you'd expect from a Ridley Scott movie. Some of the best action sequences I've seen in a long-ass time too.

Yeah I liked Alien Covenant as well. It was really well made imo. I hear lot's of people bitching about it. I did like Prometheus as well though...

Yesterday I watched Alien. ^_^ I know I watched a remastered movie, but that doesn't change the fact that I was watching a movie from the 70s and I felt it was so original and fresh... I don't know why but I got the feeling that it could be mistaken for a recent movie (ok, let's not pay attention to the puppets, though).

I think I only watched a little bit of this movie on TV when I was a little child. I want to watch all the movies, now.

Just watch the two first movies and ignore the rest. They worked because the Xenomorphs weren't on the screen half the time and that gave a proper sense of suspense.

Just watch the two first movies and ignore the rest. They worked because the Xenomorphs weren't on the screen half the time and that gave a proper sense of suspense.
Thank you for your reply and suggestion, but once I start a series (movies, TV show, books), I don't stop, even though I start losing interest. :)

Saw War Machine on Netflix. Brad Pitt did the best acting of his life in a pretty good movie that could have been a masterpiece if they had a voiceover.

You have been warned. It's like watching Star Wars Episode 1, 2 and 3 again :p
Um... I'm rewatching Star Wars, and the next movies are the prequel trilogy, so yes, next I will watch episodes I, II and III... And I'm happy with it. :) I really liked those episodes (with the exception of Jar Jar Binks, of course).

Are you watching them in Film Release Date Schedule or Chronological Event Order?

Are you watching them in Film Release Date Schedule or Chronological Event Order?
I always watch movies/series by their chronological order according to the release date. I do the same with videogames (that's why I won't touch FF VII until I finish II, III, IV, V, and VI first, for instance XD).

Back