Far Cry 5 [PS4, XO]

considering they had a game called Far Cry 4, and then Far Cry Primal, and now Far Cry 5, I'm guessing the stone-age game is considered a spin off, and this one is going back to modern day. Unless you meant a Jurassic Park like scenario. Are we finally at the point in which we can make Trespasser not suck?

Last edited:
Rumour has it that this one is supposed to be set in modern day in a US city.

Don't know how they'll justify your character sneaking around and chain-killing folks with your knife, but hey... Far Cry 3's explanation was that your tropey "white saviour" frat boy was supposedly so stoned on the local produce that he believed himself to be "The One" after banging the major baddy's sister... if ever there was a reason to go off and do some murdering on a paradise island then that would be it :LOL: lol

I think they already did. It was called Far Cry: Blood Dragon and it was flipping MINT!:D
Oh come on now how can a true saurian fan be ever satisfied with that:LOL:, I need my next gen shader/PBR/volumetrics/tessellation/balls to the walls graphics slapped hard onto my T Rex you feel me.

With the introduction of mountable animals in Primal and FC3, I can imagine controlling a rampaging T.Rex would be quite easy.
Now if Horizon ZD is anything to go by, we know we can create very dense jungle with half million poly dinosaurs and have whole herd of them on screen roaming freely. Since we don't have to worry about fancy particles, animated parts and light sources, we could allocate those resources on perhaps basic muscle sims, deformation, wobbleness, SSS hack and gore just to make the animals extra real.

Ah yes, as long as they don't go overboard by turning a raptor into a peacock. I honestly prefer JP's design more myself.

Rumour has it that this one is supposed to be set in modern day in a US city.

Don't know how they'll justify your character sneaking around and chain-killing folks with your knife, but hey... Far Cry 3's explanation was that your tropey "white saviour" frat boy was supposedly so stoned on the local produce that he believed himself to be "The One" after banging the major baddy's sister... if ever there was a reason to go off and do some murdering on a paradise island then that would be it :LOL: lol

Well, if the city is Washington DC I'm sure nobody would care about such trifle details like suspension of disbelief.

The hell is this crap, honestly feels like an indie game with no sense of budget, scale or art style. Everything can not look any more generic, so very disappointed.

The reveal trailer:
looks very nice, as usual with Far Cry games. The atmosphere is unexpected, actually, I thought there would be dinosaurs.

DAwGtBVW0AATogT.jpg

Back