AMD Vega 10, Vega 11, Vega 12 and Vega 20 Rumors and Discussion

Vega on mobile APUs

vj0ufr.png

As I said in Ryzen's CPU thread, this is either compared to Intel's 15W U line or the 45W Q-line.

I'd guess this is the big Raven Ridge with 4 cores, 11 CUs but on 22.5W TDP.

EDIT: regardless of memory bandwidth limitations, one would expect a 11 CU part to be much more powerful than the GT2 HD 630, not only 40%.
Perhaps it's the small Raven Ridge with 64bit LPDDR4, 2 cores and 3 CUs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there an implicit "and" between all those bars or could it be "or"?
The throttling in the "and" scenario for AMD's APUs was getting pretty acute at 28nm.

Otherwise, why not go for more of both in the iso-power case?

Disappointing demos, they didn't even let the benchmark finish nor do we know what settings were used.

16GB Vega double confirmed.

FQiUplO.png

So unless the Pro Vega SSG is a dual-GPU card, we're looking at 8-Hi stacks.

Where does it say HBM2? It's 16 gigs of high-bandwidth cache. Overall, this presentation is pretty bad, even if the hardware is not.

What is that HW-accelerated data transfer thingy? On-the-fly compression?
I think it's just the fact that the GPU has an embedded NVMe controller within the new HBCC, so the data transfer doesn't have to run through a PLX controller like the previous Radeon SSG. Latency and peak bandwidth should be a lot lower.

Where does it say HBM2? It's 16 gigs of high-bandwidth cache. This presentation is pretty bad, even if the hardware is not.
Same thing.
Ryan Smith said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, 16GB HBM2 / 8-Hi stacks triple confirmed, as well as ~1.5GHz core clock.

8arWiKF.png

Contrary to the render, I'm pretty sure the card in Raja's hands had 1× 8-pin and 1× 6-pin.

Impressive numbers shown there, for sure.

Yup, 16GB HBM2 / 8-Hi stacks triple confirmed, as well as ~1.5GHz core clock.
I would not bet on the 8-hi stacks. It is not to be ruled out yet that Vega can talk to four stacks - maybe even that Vega sample shown at the Radeon Tech Summit only was the smaller Vega 11 or not the fully equipped version of Vega 10. Smoke screens and mirrors. :)

Back