Claybook [XO, PS4, PC, NX]

sebbbi

Veteran
I am happy to announce our game Claybook! We have been doing this for almost 1.5 years now with 2 people team. We recently acquired one extra guy to help with content production, so now we have 3 guys in the studio.

The game is using signed distance field (SDF) based geometry, custom GPGPU physics engine and ray traced visuals (including primary rays, shadow rays and AO). I have been doing roughly 50% rendering + 50% physics programming = 100% compute shaders.

The game is coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC. We are running 60 fps on all platforms.

Check out the trailer:

Check out the game website for more info:
http://www.claybookgame.com

I don't know why (well, yes, I know, I'm excited because I've been waiting for this), but I started singing this song (the beginning) when I saw this thread and the video's snapshot:

I'm going to watch the video now. ^_^

Whoa, yes, I love it! I can feel the materials, I can feel the geometry, I don't know how to explain it. It looks so nice....

Kudoz!

Do you use SDFs for everything? I mean, the table, the room, etc., or just the clay?

Also, are there different softness values. At least I can spot two: "solid objects" and "fluids". Other differences seem to be in colours.

Very cool. Congratulations. Looking forward to it. I've been reading about signed distance fields lately. Interesting stuff.

looks really nice ! Is it running at 60fps on console ?
Any chances for a PSVR version ?
Are you allowed to talk about the advantages the PS4 Pro can bring over ps4 version ?

I'm guess it's not Play Anywhere and Crossplay enabled. Are you able to tell us why not or how that decision was made? Looks like an entertaining sandbox to play in with some friends. No price on the website, I'm guessing that hasn't been established yet?

That looks amazing. Hopefully the gameplay is just as cool. I'll likely buy this day one on Steam (assuming it'll release on Steam) regardless, just to reward you for taking a novel approach to rendering the graphics for a game.

Regards,
SB

a lot of detail on the that you can catch a glimpse of from time to time when YT compression isn't cutting it out.
Looks sick, great to hear this runs so well on all platforms.
Will definitely support Sebbbi, let us know when pre-orders are up

Reactions: JPT
The rewind is such a beautiful choice for gameplay. Trial and error is almost never rewarded but minimizing the setback is a huge improvement.

The rewind is such a beautiful choice for gameplay. Trial and error is almost never rewarded but minimizing the setback is a huge improvement.
They're also very familiar with rewind systems :)

Back