Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

HDMI 2.1 is one of the main reason I held off buying a new TV, which is a bit silly cause by then I will hear about some. Ew HDMI 2.1a or whatever which I will "need" so it's a never ending cycle.
I feel you. Though the breakout box should at least have supported everything the consoles as well as the tvs could at the time of release..

HDMI 2.1 is one of the main reason I held off buying a new TV, which is a bit silly cause by then I will hear about some. Ew HDMI 2.1a or whatever which I will "need" so it's a never ending cycle.
Every new standard is obviously bound to get replaced eventually, but I really think HDMI 2.1 will stay for a long time, at least as long as HDMI 1.4.
There's dynamic HDR, variable refresh rate, eARC now supports object-based audio and for VR there's enough bandwidth for 4K-per-eye at 120Hz.

To be honest, HDMI2.0 at 10Gbps (350MHz I think) should have never existed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was it patronising and immensely boring.

I bought Bound for €8 and finished it recently. Pretty. Also pretty damn boring. There's about 10 minutes worth of content which gets repeated all the way to the end in this thing. The last 5 minutes look and play exactly like the first 5 minutes and there's some disjointed and cliched boohoo-sadface-indie narrative tacked on. Why this thing often gets compared favorably to the likes of Journey or Flower truly baffles me.

Also tried out Starblood Arena. Pretty cool arena shooter. Not really sure why you'd choose this over something like Eve Valkyrie or Rigs, though. The presentation is quite charming, I guess.

Last edited:
I bought Statik. It's very fun and refreshing. I love those kind of new experiences VR brings.

I only played the demo. It was fantastic. Manipulating this weird contraption in your hands is really cool in VR. Great (albeit simple) use of the dual shock controller, too. PSVR owners, go download it if you haven't already. I'm probably gonna wait for a sale, though. It's €20, and supposedly it's really short. Make it 15 and I'll bite.

i pre ordered farpoint + aim bundle despite im still in the jungle.

to anybody that also pre ordered, please share your experience and bugs and workarounds! ill be back to civilization in around 2 months hahaha

Pre-ordered this as well. I'm a bit torn though. It's coming out day and date with fantastic looking German sci-fi Dark Souls-like The Surge. From the same guys who made a pretty decent first effort in the genre with Lords of the Fallen in my humble opinion.

Aaaand I cancelled it again. Just played 20 minutes of it. The gun peripheral is cool and works great, but the game is just dreadfully by-the-numbers. This would have been a lackluster fps 10 years ago, and in the age of Doom, Titanfall 2 etc., it just doesn't cut it anymore. It's the most basic Call of Duty-esque shooting gallery imaginable, only without the bombastic presentational glue holding everything together.

Aaaand I cancelled it again. Just played 20 minutes of it. The gun peripheral is cool and works great, but the game is just dreadfully by-the-numbers. This would have been a lackluster fps 10 years ago, and in the age of Doom, Titanfall 2 etc., it just doesn't cut it anymore. It's the most basic Call of Duty-esque shooting gallery imaginable, only without the bombastic presentational glue holding everything together.

Whaaaaa... Seriously? I thought it will have much more awesome moments like those small amounts on London heist or until dawn rush of blood...

All I did was run along a rather narrow rocky path, and every once in a while a little spidery thing would crawl out of a crevice and jump in my face. When said narrow path finally ended, I found myself in a small arena where I had to survive a couple of enemy waves. Then the whole spiel started all over again. There seems to be a surprising amount of downtime in this game - not great when the devs claim it's a 4 hour campaign. Granted, I only played it for 20 minutes (I picked up from a save around the game's halfway mark), but it had none of London Heist's or Rush of Blood's pissaz. It's a typical case of small developer falling flat on its face playing AAA. Since the game mostly sees you moving forward in a straight line (there's really no "level design" to speak of), I think a carefully choreographed rail shooter would have served the title an awful lot better.
The gun is really cool, though, and it's already being supported by a bunch of other games. Too bad it's not available separately. Because Far Point, quite frankly, sucks.

Last edited:

That's sad to hear, I've been putting a lot of hopes on this game.

Isn't the game only releasing next week? How did you get access to it?

Back