Formula 1 - 2017 Season

Yes. The shark fins and t-wings are actually not in the proper sense of the regulations, they are an oversight. So why suffer from a mistake for so long?

Pretentding to be able to see the spirit of the f1's technical regulations is also a weak argument

Last edited:
Yes. The shark fins and t-wings are actually not in the proper sense of the regulations, they are an oversight. So why suffer from a mistake for so long?
Probably because of the intricacy of designing aerodynamics for an F1 car. It's not trivial for them to just add or remove new parts to the car because of the interactions between all of the different components. A lot of F1 development is about trying to find loopholes and edge cases to give an advantage within the regulations, usually under the assumption that if it isn't banned, then it's allowed. Sometimes a team might argue that something is allowed under the regulations, when a slightly different reading means it isn't allowed. In those cases, the FIA might decide to ban that device. In cases where something isn't explicitly disallowed, it's more likely that the FIA will just say "we won't allow this next year", rather than penalizing the teams for putting in development effort to something that's technically legal.

I am just still recovering from 20years of narrow track cars and am still shocked by the years of the step- and dildo-noses.... ;)

I really hope Ross Brawn will bring some sanity to the regulations.

Shame Ferrari sent Kimi too late for the last run, unlike Vettel, Bottas and Hamilton he only got 1 timed lap, not warmup + proper timed which is the optimal at Russia

Shame Ferrari sent Kimi too late for the last run, unlike Vettel, Bottas and Hamilton he only got 1 timed lap, not warmup + proper timed which is the optimal at Russia
Yes. Unfortunately, Ferrari always have had a number 1 driver and a "backup" driver. It's in their DNA.
Anyways, it's good to see Kimi finally happy with the car setup again.

I'd have to agree that the team is setting Kimi up to fail at times. However in this race (Russian GP) at least they allowed him to pit at an optimal time rather than what happened in Bahrain.

Congrats to Bottas, Hamilton was nowhere and confirmed the problem was really his end, at least on Sky Sports F1.

I'd have to agree that the team is setting Kimi up to fail at times. However in this race (Russian GP) at least they allowed him to pit at an optimal time rather than what happened in Bahrain.

Congrats to Bottas, Hamilton was nowhere and confirmed the problem was really his end, at least on Sky Sports F1.
Yeah, I was pretty sure at the time that they somehow mixed Kimi's and Vettel's team radios when Kimi pitted on time :runaway:
Absolutely perfect start from Bottas, and aside first lap shenanigans there were apparently no overtakes at all in the race (pitstops and backmarkers not included) o_O

Prepare yourself for more of the same at Monaco ... At least walls there are so much closer to punish drivers for even smallest mistakes.

Every time I hear about Monaco I miss Ayrton Senna. He was a master of passing in the close confines of Monaco in as much as you can pass on that track.

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2016/5/Classic_onboard__Ayrton_Senna__Monaco_1990.html

Must be such an adrenaline rush to drive there. And then throw in passing people on that narrow track.

Regards,
SB

Overtaking at Monaco is always very difficult/next to impossible so that doesn't bother me. The race is attractive for different reasons.

But any new track shouldn't be difficult to overtake at.

Back