Call of Duty World War II [PC, PS4, XO]

ultragpu

Banned
Back to its root and WWII again, really love the change of settings after a slew of modern and post modern era warfare that inundated us in the recent years. I also like the fact it's WWII instead of WWI simply due to the fact war machines are more diverse, more powerful, dynamic but at the same time roots you back to your feet:) literally. The campaign trailer looked amazing especially promising the storming of Normandy Beach, the graphics wowed me more than even BF1 (Frostbite who?) and much more so considering they're the actual in game graphics:yes:!
image_call_of_duty_wwii-35209-3843_0005.jpg

image_call_of_duty_wwii-35209-3843_0002.jpg

image_call_of_duty_wwii-35209-3843_0004.jpg

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_call_of_duty_wwii-35209-3843_0001.jpg
http://images.gamersyde.com/image_call_of_duty_wwii-35209-3843_0003.jpg
Super high bitrate vid at Gamersyde
http://gamersyde.com/download_call_of_duty_wwii_reveal_trailer-39782_en.html

They focus more on the singleplayer campaign than DICE. Nevertheless I do not like COD at all.

If it's the same gampeplay as ever I do not need it.

Last edited:
The ww2 cod games were really good
I dont know if they will return to that type of gameplay or if its modern warfare set in ww2

I was not at all expecting this, especially after Infinite War. Glad they are going back to WW II. It is by far my favorite setting for war games. There are so many good stories to be told that unfortunately don't get told. One that resonates closely for me is the history of the US Army 100th Battalion (The One Puka Puka for local boys from Hawai'i) a Japanese American unit formed during WW II. The performance and dedication of that unit was one of the main things that prompted the US to offer Hawai'i (then a US territory) the opportunity to become a US state. I wish that story would get told considering the climate towards Japanese Americans at the start of the war.

Anyway. I can't wait for this one. I think this may be the first COD I'll be buying in a long time. Prior to this I'd been content to play some of the recent games over at a friend's house. But this is going back to what made COD so great in the first place, back to where it all started.

I just hope it follows the old WW2 COD storylines rather than the newer COD storylines. In other words, the stories are all just stories of the soldiers in the war and not individuals fighting against some villain. I'm going to be really disappointed if it follows a storyline featuring some made up WW2 villain. Much rather they be based off of actual battles during the great war.

Regards,
SB

Well after the fiasco of IW where farm simulator had more sells they had to recognize how wrong they were and since BF1 is in ww1 they couldn't get there. Will be interesting to see if dice decide to go ww2 and compete with this cod.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I was not at all expecting this, especially after Infinite War. Glad they are going back to WW II. It is by far my favorite setting for war games.
I really liked Modern Warfare but I'm okay with a return to WWII, having been a gamer in the 80s/90s/00s which was completely over saturated with WWII games. It's been a fair break from WWII so I'm interested in seeing what a modern engine can do for the period.

I feel BF1 stole the thunder by being first to go back to the old times. The excitement over seeing a zepellin back then was much much more than watching this trailer. To be honest, having been a massive COD fan uptill COD 4, this feels like been there done that. I feel I have seen these colours in COD 3 and some scenes in COD 1 and 2.

I was pretty curious about the return to roots, but this trailer did not stir anything in me. But going by Advanced Warfare campaign, which I liked for what it as, I think SLedgehammer can pull it off. THE Infinity Ward magic will be missing, which is on display in the TF2 campaign and is awesome, but I think SLedgehammer knows the pacing of the COD explosionfare ride very well now.

Battlefield was always the war-shooter number two market-wise on the console space because it was trying to be like COD. Now that Battlefield was literally number 1 (see what i did there?) COD is gonna be the me too title this time. I don't think a WW game is gonna feel the same after the avarege gamer has already gotten used to the massive, opened and varied arenas of BF1, when they are back to the corridors of COD with a WWII theme around it. Looking better is the least it can do given how more restrained COD is. Unless of course, COD suddenly has huge maps 10x the size of its past interations with fully modeled interiors for every building, destructible environments, deformable terrain, driveable jeeps, tanks and planes etc. I'm interesting to see this play out. Did dice and EA, through sheer persistence, manage to snag the COD throne?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Battlefield was always the war-shooter number two market-wise on the console space because it was trying to be like COD. Now that Battlefield was literally number 1 (see what i did there?) COD is gonna be the me too title this time. I don't think a WW game is gonna feel the same after the avarege gamer has already gotten used to the massive, opened and varied arenas of BF1, when they are back to the corridors of COD with a WWII theme around it. Looking better is the least it can do given how more restrained COD is. Unless of course, COD suddenly has huge maps 10x the size of its past interations with fully modeled interiors for every building, destructible environments, deformable terrain, driveable jeeps, tanks and planes etc. I'm interesting to see this play out. Did dice and EA, through sheer persistence, manage to snag the COD throne?

But why does Cod have to be like BF1 design wise? Why can't Cod keep its own identity while offering something BF1 doesn't have or doesn't do nearly as good? I mean sure the new Cod could certainly improve everything upon the previous entry but people love Cod not in the way they do with BF games, they're after cinematic adrenaline rush gameplay with Hollywood esque choreography. A linear roller coaster ride with fancy graphics and fast paced kills. Whichever better is subjective but I'm sure the market has enough room for both.

Because BF expansive design is much more fitting to the WW setting. At least that is what the avarege gamer learned to associate WW with. Just like when BF was trying to be more COD-like but with more expansive env., the avarege player was bothered that it wasn't as tight and fast as COD because COD came first and had set the standard of what to expect of a Modern Warfare shooter. The avarege consumer wants more of the fucking same until he absolutely can't stand it anymore.

A lot of the "open area" in BF is just cosmetic, as soon as you stray 20 meters away from the playable battlefield area you get prompted to go back. I mean sure it's still big in comparison but it lacks focus. To say BF's expansive design is better suited for WW setting is not 100% true, it may be well suited for a specific portion of it but certainly not all of it. Cod can excel in so many other places in the same setting, we just haven't seen them or played them yet. And it might even set a new trend too who knows. Point is I wouldn't dis Cod just yet.

Hmmm? At least in the US Battlefield still hasn't manage to sell better than COD. COD: IW has sold better every single month in the US since its release. The only month that BF 1 won was Oct. and that's because there was no COD release. And despite being on sale for longer than COD: IW, it still came in 2nd for 2016.

Battlefield has certainly closed the gap, but they offer 2 completely different gameplay experiences. COD focuses more on arena style FPS combat while Battlefield focuses more on larger scale capture and hold style of FPS.

For those that are into SP, COD still offers a generally much superior SP experience. COD: IW's SP campaign was absolutely head and shoulders above the crap that was the BF 1 SP campaign.

As well, COD (when they were still doing WW2 based games) offered something closer to an authentic if game-ified WW2 experience. Battlefield 1's WW1 experience has almost zero authenticity. An almost invulnerable armored mech suit for one of its missions? Seriously? I had high hopes for something that would offer players an experience of the horrors and tragedy of WW1 combat, but what was on offer was laughable and only very superficially related to WW1.

COD 1 and 2 as well as the first couple of Medal of Honor games (COD's competition back then) and another series that I can't remember the name of (you commanded a squad of soldiers and could give them orders in order to flank enemy positions) are still the best and most historically accurate mainstream FPS games. There are some much smaller niche FPS games that were more authentic, but weren't much fun to play.

COD Modern Warfare deviated from their WW2 games in that it didn't try to recreate historical battles as there was no history to recreate. So it went for a sort of alt-history style of storytelling. But at least up until then, their game was modeled on actual historical battles for their SP missions.

Battlefield since its inception with BF: 1942 has tended towards the more fantasy side of things. Flying your plane kamikaze style into the enemy and jumping out before you crash so you can then parachute down and continue fighting for example. Battlefield 2: Modern Combat went a little more towards realism but Battlefield 1 swung way back to fantasy style combat with little to no basis in reality other than a surface veneer. BF1 had great graphics and presentation, however.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
BF has still not dethroned COD for sure. I'm just speculating if having been first to go back to historical wars, COD will feel like a copy cat this time, and will be the one mesured up against BF by the larger consumer market instead of the other way around. They could, reversely, kick BF1's ass too though. I have no idea.

BF has still not dethroned COD for sure. I'm just speculating if having been first to go back to historical wars, COD will feel like a copy cat this time, and will be the one mesured up against BF by the larger consumer market instead of the other way around. They could, reversely, kick BF1's ass too though. I have no idea.

Certainly, but for those that are hoping for something that at least attempts to give a realistic portrayal of a historical era of combat, BF1 was a complete joke (I'm very much not alone in this). I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping that COD: WW2 is more like COD 1, 2, and to a lesser extent WaW and 3. And most definitely not like BF1. And not like the more modern COD games WRT to the single player campaign.

Basically, I'm hoping that COD: WW2 gives WW2 the respect it deserves rather than how the hugely unrealistic BF1 treated WW1. It may be too much to hope for. But I've got my fingers crossed.

And this isn't to say that COD 1 and 2 were 100% realistic and authentic, but it struck a good balance of authenticity with engaging gameplay.

Regards,
SB

Back