Windows 10 [2014 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm referring to Overwatch having a Dolby Atmos license so you can enable it in game using any pair of headphones.
Sorry about being a pedant but you are referring to dolby atmos headphone, your not referring to dolby atmos for speakers

I have no idea what you're confused about. Now I'm confused.

>edit Oh I thought you were asking if you needed Dolby Atmos headphones. i.e. specific hardware. To be clear - Overwatch has the headphones version of Dolby Atmos built in, which works on any set of headphones.

I have no idea what you're confused about. Now I'm confused.

>edit Oh I thought you were asking if you needed Dolby Atmos headphones. i.e. specific hardware. To be clear - Overwatch has the headphones version of Dolby Atmos built in, which works on any set of headphones.
Overwatch aside, I tried Dolby Atmos for Headphones on Windows 10 after installing the new update, and it is free... for 30 days. I tried to know how much it costs after those 30 days and went over the steps of purchasing it and it is 18€.

The sound quality is very nice, especially for a notebook like mine which has built-in fine speakers close to the listener and you can easily appreciate left and right sounds as if you were wearing headphones -something I mentioned in the past-.

There are demos to try, and hearing the leaf moving right and left in one of the videos, and so on was a good experience, in fact it's my standard sound mode right now. Since it is associated with my account purchasing it is an option when the trial expires, but we shall see. I am liking it very much.

Have any of you tried Windows Sonic?

Creator's update fails to install on my PC for now. not sure yet why.

Creator's update fails to install on my PC for now. not sure yet why.

Wwird. I just updated my first PC yesterday and all went fine without issue. I'll try outthe other PCs this week. One of them had an update failure last week or week before, but retrying that update went fine.

Did you retry a second time yet?

Three times even. Seems to fail on one of the final reboots, always the same point. Two spinning dots remain on screen stuck after a short 'system updating' reboot. It's hung up then, and after a cold start, it reverts back to the original Windows (fortunately that's pretty quick). I may try again once I read about this issue, or after I've upgraded my SSD (I only had about 11GB left)

The windows directory is around 19 GB, 11 wasn't enough.
My C: partition only has 75GB -big mistake I made- and I am always low on space there and the update showed a message telling me that I needed 8GB, so I proceeded to uninstall -to reinstall it afterwards, of course- Visual Studio 2017, sigh and it worked. But I guess that might be Arwin's issue during installation.

Apart from the sound, Edge got the best update to date. It has some original features now.

Three times even. Seems to fail on one of the final reboots, always the same point. Two spinning dots remain on screen stuck after a short 'system updating' reboot. It's hung up then, and after a cold start, it reverts back to the original Windows (fortunately that's pretty quick). I may try again once I read about this issue, or after I've upgraded my SSD (I only had about 11GB left)
Might be caused by the lack of space, but you can also try to force the installation going to this direction and clicking on "Update Now". It is a customised installer that I used once I had 8GB of free space in my HD
:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

gotta add that the "customised" installer indicates you whether you have enough free space on disk or not. The new update creates a Windows.old and other similar folders during the installation, and they can only be "legally" deleted after the installation is performerd if you use the built-in Disk Clean-up utility. I managed to recover like 9GB of space or so after I removed them that way once the update was installed.

The Windows.old directory is 20 GB, so it may not replace them, but does copy them over to the new windows directory.

I've updated my SSD from 128GB to 256GB (bought that one a year ago for another PC, never got around to putting it in this one). Let's see if the update succeeds now or if there's some other issue.

Update dtill fails, but this time the recovery seems to fail too .... :/

Update dtill fails, but this time the recovery seems to fail too .... :/
is your new SSD a mirrored drive or did you manually copied all the files?

What's worth about the update, at least to me, is some features of Edge and improvements, plus the new sound options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any demos to test this Atmost thing?
if you enable Atmos in the new Creators Update, a new window with demos and stuff is going to appear. There you can see it is a 30 day trial. I simulated I was going to buy it and it costs 18€ if you want it past the trial period.

My notebook speakers have a very defined sound in the sense that the sound coming from the left is very distinguishable from the sound coming from the right and what I noticed, Dolby Atmos demos aside, is that when listening to music or games or whatever, since you can enable Dolby Atmos on the fly or switch to another method, disable Atmos, etc, the sound with Atmos enabled sounds more full.

is your new SSD a mirrored drive or did you manually copied all the files?

I cloned the drive using Samsung's clone tool.

I do notice that I didn't have any restore points afterwards and this was turned off. This could be because whenever I change my SSD drive my other drive somehow becomes primary and boots to Windows 7. I then unplug that one when booting and it goes back to Windows 10 and stays there, even if later I plug the (regular 1.5TB) drive back in.

Also now my Docker says I no longer have Data Protection etc. enabled in BIOS which is required for the VMs it creates I think. Will have to see what that's about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back