Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

GIMX is more complex, you need a pc or something like Pi (well yes it's a pc too) to use your wheel.

Yes you just plug it into PS4, and connect a USB hub with ds4 and a wheel. No extra boxes, power bricks and cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you just plug it into PS4, and connect a USB hub with ds4 and a wheel. No extra boxes, power bricks and cables.

So the device you can buy from that shop you do not need a RPi or anything else? Everything is loaded and ready from the start?

Yup. PS4 G29 emulation is loaded by the default, but other ones can be added either before purchase or by users themselves.

And user reports on GAF are excellent.

Those are firmwares the adapter is using to fake a device. But you can't plug a G25 into it and make it work. It has no driver for different wheels. And you need a PC for that. You install appropriate wheel driver and GimX software reads data using it, like a normal PC game. Next it transmits this data to the adapter.

I got in, menus and presentation are awesome, performance on the pro is spotless so far, but I did not manage to enter into any race because servers had issues when their fired them up .

"Sport" category of the game is very reminiscent of the Sim Racing System for AC and iRacing, which is GREAT. It consists from the three daily races. Matchmaking for them relies on driver/sportmaship/qualifying rankings.

edit - I managed to enter into the last race of the day on the oval, fought fairly from 13th to 3rd place [was 2nd before last turn :D], and then game hard crashed when returning to main menu. I don't know if I got any reputation points or not.

Last edited:
Back