Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

Finally finished it, really enjoyed this ride and I don't think I had the chance to explore each corner of the map yet. Amazing game everything from the combat, story, Aloy to graphics, it is without a doubt my most favorite open world game this gen. Really a shame there's no new game plus, I would also wish there were more Cauldrons, the ability to fly on a Stormbird or riding a Thunderjaw, but I do see a great potential for a sequel:), well done GG can't wait for your next game.

Yup. Usually when I've finished a game's main story, particularly a long game that I've spent 50+ hours in (which is crazy long for me), I want to leave that game a good long while before I go back and play some more. But the second-to-second gameplay was so good I'm really looking forward to the new story DLC and I hope it comes soon.

Finished the game earlier this week. What a ride. This will be one of the few games I will keep playing a bit even after I'm finished with main story...

Everything else is pretty amazing but I freaking hate stormbirds. They are... pain in the sky.

Finished it last night, wow what an ending. I love the power armor, too bad I have nothing left to do. I did not platy, I'm not into collecting crap. I did max my level and get all skills. I think I have one level 7 side quest unfinished. I'm not sure where to check hours played, I must have 60+. Great game, 9.5/10 easy. I'm sure if it was named Zelda or Horizon Master Chief it would have gotten higher scores. One of the best open world games ever, I had much more fun with this than GTA5 or RDR. I have some stuff I'd like to see in a sequel. More melee weapons, epic weapon quests, a way to glide, a way to quickly go up, like a grapple hook. I hope they add DLC for post game, like more hunting quests or something to re-use the robot AI and not have to do more VA or story. Co-op hunting would also be really sweet.

I just finished the game last night as well. It's a truly exceptional experience. I was so pleased every time the story managed to surprise me. Even many of the side quests were very clever, trope defying vignettes. I think I was probably at about 47hrs when the credits rolled with a lot of side stuff left to go back to eventually. Notably, I haven't really scratched the surface of the hunting trials.

Not gonna read too much of this topic due fear of spoilers...

Started playing this game a week ago and I have to say, I'm very, very surprised. I actually bought this game out of boredom and a bit of curiosity about its "technical achievement" given the game is by Guerilla, but what has surprised me most so far isn't the spectacular graphics, but indeed the gameplay and the story so far. To be fair, I haven't progressed too far (only past the proving and a bit), but so far I am very surprised by the gameplay and the plot. It definitely has me interested.

What also has me incredibly impressed is the smooth framerate. Not a single hitch, stutter or anything. Being pretty much 60fps obsessed, I have to say this is one of the very very rare 30fps games that actually feels smoother than it is and most of it is down to the smooth, flawless and consistent framerate. And this is a very impressive achievement IMO, given there are times I'm playing this and can't quite believe this is actually running on a bog standard PS4 (not even a Pro!). Uncharted 4 impressed the crap out of me, but playing this, I must say for some reason this just feels a step more (even though I have to admit, there is a lot going on in UC4 that is difficult to top, like the physics in just about everything).

I'm frightened knowing Kojima is using this engine for his next game...

But yeah, full marks to Guerilla, not for making a spectacular looking game (which we all knew they had the technical ability to), but for making a spectacular game to play that was from the type of it was clearly outside their comfort zone (that being shooters etc).

Not gonna read too much of this topic due fear of spoilers...

Started playing this game a week ago and I have to say, I'm very, very surprised. I actually bought this game out of boredom and a bit of curiosity about its "technical achievement" given the game is by Guerilla, but what has surprised me most so far isn't the spectacular graphics, but indeed the gameplay and the story so far. To be fair, I haven't progressed too far (only past the proving and a bit), but so far I am very surprised by the gameplay and the plot. It definitely has me interested.

What also has me incredibly impressed is the smooth framerate. Not a single hitch, stutter or anything. Being pretty much 60fps obsessed, I have to say this is one of the very very rare 30fps games that actually feels smoother than it is and most of it is down to the smooth, flawless and consistent framerate. And this is a very impressive achievement IMO, given there are times I'm playing this and can't quite believe this is actually running on a bog standard PS4 (not even a Pro!). Uncharted 4 impressed the crap out of me, but playing this, I must say for some reason this just feels a step more (even though I have to admit, there is a lot going on in UC4 that is difficult to top, like the physics in just about everything).

I'm frightened knowing Kojima is using this engine for his next game...

But yeah, full marks to Guerilla, not for making a spectacular looking game (which we all knew they had the technical ability to), but for making a spectacular game to play that was from the type of it was clearly outside their comfort zone (that being shooters etc).

You come for the graphics and stay for the gameplay and story not the first person I heard saying this... A great surprise for me after an average title like Killzone Shadow Fall...

Last edited:
I'm having trouble following the story of this game tbh... Like every mission I pick up, I start on my path towards the quest marker and about two hours later find myself feeling ashamed by having driven the Turkeys in this game closer to their extinction...

... I just love the "cluck" sound they make when you kill them.

I think I've killed more Turkeys in this game than every other enemy killed in my last three games combined.

I know... it's an addiction.

I'm having trouble following the story of this game tbh... Like every mission I pick up, I start on my path towards the quest marker and about two hours later find myself feeling ashamed by having driven the Turkeys in this game closer to their extinction...

... I just love the "cluck" sound they make when you kill them.

I think I've killed more Turkeys in this game than every other enemy killed in my last three games combined.

I know... it's an addiction.

You can check your game stats in the menu to see how many you killed

I shall check this tonight :) Thanks.

Edit:
727 turkeys and counting... Added 19 last night alone. :oops:

yep I know... I have a problem.:(

Honestly though, that "cluck" sound for Turkey murder in this game is so freaking satisfying! It reminds me of the "chirp" sound for killing another player in KZ2/3 MP... sooo gud!

If any GG devs are on here, please make this turkey dying sound the kill sound in your next MP mode for your next game. I don't even care if it's incongruent with the style or setting, I just love this sound.

Last edited:
Horizon's engine unloads terrain that user cannot see.
ucoln8kedwfglsrlxvm5.gif

Witcher 3 for example culls only objects [trees, foliage, houses, NPCs, etc], but terrain is unaffected.

Back