Microsoft Xbox One X Scorpio Price Prediction and Reaction

Predict Scorpio's launch price:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It'll have plenty of games----the whole X1 Library and BC X360 titles.

Whether or not anything that really takes advantage of Scorpio comes out is yet to be determined, but I doubt we'll see none at launch.
guess all x360 &x1 games will take advantage of the Scorpio by 16x af, frame rate, resolution, vsync, load times.
that may effect value proposition also.

I do except and understood what you meant though, patched with 4k assets and above 1080p res.

To be serious for a sec. I want it to hit that $399 price point. To get the kind of reaction from the E3 crowd like they did when they announced Backward Compatibility. Unfortunately I think they will be supply constrained at first. So it won't matter if it's $399 or $499. But I also think they lost whatever goodwill they had to launch at $499 with their Jaguar specs. If it had Zen/Vega I think they could have. So in order to sell at $499 they would need some other value add in there: maybe a 2nd SKU with either a larger hard drive, new Elite controller, pack-in game, or support for Windows 10 games, etc. I think a base model could hit $399, but I think it totally depends on the competition. Unfortunately they won't have the luxury of waiting to see what they announce at E3. So I think they will base their decision that the competition will NOT drop their price this year. They haven't shown they will drop the price within a year of launching a console. They are in a position of strength. So I think they will keep the price the same & reap those profits. With that in mind I think Microsoft will think that even with their Jaguar specs they think it's worth an extra $50 more than the competition & will launch at $450. Puts it at $200-$250 more than the XB1S. Not bad, but I don't think it will sell in large numbers. Guess we'll see. Most likely I'll be wrong again. LOL

Tommy McClain

guess all x360 &x1 games will take advantage of the Scorpio by 16x af, frame rate, resolution, vsync, load times.
that may effect value proposition also.

I do except and understood what you meant though, patched with 4k assets and above 1080p res.
The idea that they can go back and make ultra quality versions of some of their older exclusives with HDR is very tempting. 2 days to port, and the remaining of the year to optimize...

XBO titles are not largely considered the best of class, but the potential that they could be with a patch is quite... delicious. LOL.

I imagine this must be a focal point for MS with Scorpio. If you have no new titles, then you really need to go back and sell the titles that never sold as well again. Either through an amazing patch, or patch + DLC.

One can dream!

I think they might have only a single sku for launch. Otherwise they wouldn't have presented the specs with a single hdd capacity.

I'd be surprised if this is under $450, depends if MS want to lose money per unit - but I can't see them hitting the Pro launch price.

I do wonder if they may sell a version that is base unit only, I think people with XBO might like to take that option.

from $399 for upgraders edition.
"for our fans that already have controllers, elite controllers, games, external hdd, live, ea access, just console and power cable. just swap, plug in and go"

$449 for standard edition.
"contains a controller, game(maybe month of game pass instead), and 14days of gold"

$500 elite edition
"contains elite controller, bundled game(maybe month of game pass), and month of gold"

or maybe elite would just a 2TB sku with standard controller.

would they do this, doubt it. But would save them on BOM, and save people having to get things they don't want or need (and having to sell stuff) be a big fan service :LOL:. nice from price also, and standard price of actually $449

The more I think about it, I think the idea of bundling the elite controller might be on to something.

Xbox One Elite would be a good name. It has history in the brand. That or Xbox Two.

$500, cant see it being anything less. If it's more than $500 it will really struggle, particularly with Sony able to reduce the price any time they want.

399$. Almost surely. Anything over 400$ will give them a tough time competing against Sony.

I voted $399. I think that's where they'll try to hit with the default 1Tb SKU. But I'd say perhaps a 30% chance it's $449. Cant see 499. Maybe 10% chance of 499 base SKU.

But they'll have a 2Tb higher priced version, $50-$100 more. So, 449 if the 1Tb is 399, 499 if the 1TB is 449, is my guess.

Currently the most voters (15) think 499, although granted this can be looked at as 28 voters combined think it'll be 449 or less. That's crazy. 10% chance tops. Remember we're predicting the base/lower priced SKU here. Unless they actually try to shoe in a 500GB model I suppose, which would be stupid given the focus on 4K assets.

The more I think about it the more 499 would be DOA. Imagine the internet outrage. So yeah, I definitely dont think they will do that.

$449 would engender a collective non surprised internet response I think, 399 would garner mostly plaudits.

Theres one looney analyst out there that is valuing the Xbox Scorpio at $700. I nearly chocked onmy drink when I saw that article.

I'm very sceptical that it can hit $399. There is more stuff there than in the PS4 Pro and I think they don't really want to go negative or very low margins with this. I think it's going to be a premium offering. I really hope for $399, but $499 is more likely. $449 could work maybe...

Theres one looney analyst out there that is valuing the Xbox Scorpio at $700. I nearly chocked onmy drink when I saw that article.
which is a good thing for MS I think.

The more the evaluation of the console goes up, the bigger a win it is for MS if they came below cost expectations. If E3 they pull out $399, I'm pretty sure that would be considered a winning point for their respective interested buyers. For many, that would probably guaranteed a locked pre-order.

If it's $399, it's probably an automatic buy for me, especially if I can get a good trade-in. $500 and I'm probably waiting on it to see when the price drops. $450 and I'm on the fence about early or late adoption.

Back