RE: Humus's Demos and Motive

Before anyone panic's this isn't an attempt to diss Humus or his work in any way shape or form. I'm just curious as to why Humus churns out top quality demo after demo.

Is it for fun or commercial gain? or neither or both.

Enlighten me please Humus mate.

Just curious.... :D

I'd guess that Humus produces his demos for the same reason that dogs lick their nuts:

Because he can. :p

Obviously I'm talking about Humus being able to code demos here!

Unfortunately, because I don't have a DX9 card as yet I can't view his more recent demos. :(

without the demos he created,Humus may not be able to find a job at ATI,at least not as quickly as he did. :LOL:

anyway,whatever the reason is,his demos are really cool and have positive effects on everyone. I think the only thing doesn't like his coding is his keyboard :D

i do a bit of codeing myself, not nearly what Humus is doing but i do. i also do 3d and 2d art. why do i do it? because i enjoy such things, i do it for fun.

I imagine he does it for the same reasons many demo coders & hackers code stuff up:

A) To learn.
B) To demostrate to future prospective employers (so, yes, there is some commercial gain I suppose).
C) Because it's interesting and fun.

Get your mind out of the gutter!

I'd have to take a step up to get into the gutter (or at ;leats that's what my work colleagues say).

Seiously though, whatever the reason Humus codes for I'm grateful.

There's just a little problem, in a sense Humus is too good... See, he got job from ATI, now when people manage to sweet talk Humus enough and he makes the "best benchmark ever" there is always gonna be some nv**iot who have to moan "Yeah, but that's a ATI employee made beachmark, nv40 can't be that slow !!!!".

But anyway, pleease make the benchmark Humus
;)

I do it for all the reasons mentioned. Especially because I can lick my own balls.
tongue.gif

is the job going to be full time? Or is it just a temperary thing like last time you went to work @ ATI? And will you still be making demos after you start working? I guess you wont but I wanted to ask anyway :p

MuFu said:
BTW mate, your water demo looks a bit iffy under the new 4.1s:

water4.1bust.png

MuFu.

umh... I have seen that "effect" somewhere... just wait a sec.... oh yes, Track Mania looks like that when running on very slow system with only point sampling

:oops: oh dear, I opened a pandoras box, did I? ... how long it takes before some people gets here and starts argueing about is ATI cheating (using point sampling instead of something else that was requested by the software) or is it just bug in the drivers? :oops:

Back