Nvidia Pascal Announcement

Last edited:
It is a little bit funny that they have retain the same name everyone was using for the first Titan X Pascal around forums and even review sites for differentiate it from the Maxwell one .. Titan XP..

It is a little bit funny that they have retain the same name everyone was using for the first Titan X Pascal around forums and even review sites for differentiate it from the Maxwell one .. Titan XP..

Yeah Titan branding has been questionable for a while (GeForce GTX Titan, GeForce GTX Titan Z, GeForce Titan X, Titan X, Titan Xp). Either go with a logical letter appendage flow or just call it Titan.

View attachment 1946

We have the GTX 1080 Ti but this one looks like a full GP102-GPU like the Quadro P6000. I already know two who will buy this card if it is a full chip. ^^ The memory bandwidth is enormous.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.php/news/hardware/grafikkarten/42540-nvidia-veroeffentlicht-die-titan-xp-3-840-shadereinheiten-und-12-gb-gddr5x.html&edit-text=&act=url

Well if they dont own allready a Titan X ( well or sold it for it ), because for be honest, and if i compare for example on CUDA render time, i doubt the SM more will change drastically the thing, let alone the bandwith over the TitanX ( P ) ... Without an overall on core speed, the performance gain should only be cosmetic at best. ( a few fps here and there in some cases, and 2-3 second faster on a 5min render time ) with 7% differrence on compute shaders..

Last edited:
NVIDIA TITAN Xp is faster than GTX 1070 SLI
Xramzal gave us, what seems to be, first 3DMark result in Fire Strike Performance.

Having just finished 1080 Ti review I have fresh benchmark data for comparison. TITAN Xp is just a little bit faster than overclocked 1080 Ti and roughly 11% faster than stock GTX 1080 Ti (here represented by silent mode)
NVIDIA-TITAN-Xp-3DMark-Fire-Strike-1-1000x693.png

https://videocardz.com/newz/first-nvidia-titan-xp-benchmark-result-emerges

Well if they dont own allready a Titan X ( well or sold it for it ), because for be honest, and if i compare for example on CUDA render time, i doubt the SM more will change drastically the thing, let alone the bandwith over the TitanX ( P ) ... Without an overall on core speed, the performance gain should only be cosmetic at best. ( a few fps here and there in some cases, and 2-3 second faster on a 5min render time ) with 7% differrence on compute shaders..

They use water cooling. If you want to buy a new air cooled GPU the Titan X(P) does not worth it anamyore after the release of the GTX 1080Ti which has very good costum designs.

Water cooled with a clock speed at 2.1 GHz the new Titan will certainly have advantages in UHD.

They use water cooling. If you want to buy a new air cooled GPU the Titan X(P) does not worth it anamyore after the release of the GTX 1080Ti which has very good costum designs.

Water cooled with a clock speed at 2.1 GHz the new Titan will certainly have advantages in UHD.
Do you have a link to the "water cooling" statement from @xramzal. Thanks.

Edit: Wonder if they use the same 1080Ti cooler or a tweaked version.

Last edited:
Do you have a link to the "water cooling" statement from @xramzal. Thanks.

Edit: Wonder if they use the same 1080Ti cooler or a tweaked version.

The people I know who want to buy this card will use a water cooler. Of course this GPU must be disassembled and rebuilt or water cooling.

Last edited:
Looks like it might be the same dimensions as a 1080Ti. Should be a market for any AIB partner selling just their custom air coolers if people don't want to go "under water".

Yes, that could fit.

I just wanted to say that it's usually not worth to buy this GPU for gaming if you are not using a water cooler because of the much cheaper GTX 1080Ti price.
However, for deep learning it is significantly cheaper than a quadro P6000.

EDIT:

By the way the Titan XP costs 1349€ here and the people would have liked a price of 1337€. It was very close this time.

Last edited:
Yes, that could fit.

I just wanted to say that it's usually not worth to buy this GPU for gaming if you are not using a water cooler because of the much cheaper GTX 1080Ti price.
However, for deep learning it is significantly cheaper than a quadro P6000.

EDIT:

By the way the Titan XP costs 1349€ here and the people would have liked a price of 1337€. It was very close this time.

not much love for deep learning.. same FP16 and Int 8 performance that every gaming pascal gpu's ..

FP64 = 1:32
FP16 = 1:64
Int8 = 4:1

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11253/nvidia-announces-nvidia-titan-xp-full-gp102-for-1200

Last edited:
not much love for deep learning.. same FP16 and Int 8 performance that every gaming pascal gpu's ..
Not that the P6000 is any different there. (The P6000 just gets you twice the memory, which may be useful for some number crunching stuff, plus workstation-certified drivers, but otherwise it will be a bit slower. Compared to the P6000 the Titan XP suddenly looks like a very good deal though :))

Not that the P6000 is any different there. (The P6000 just gets you twice the memory, which may be useful for some number crunching stuff, plus workstation-certified drivers, but otherwise it will be a bit slower. Compared to the P6000 the Titan XP suddenly looks like a very good deal though :))

On this i completely agree.. But i will buy 2x 1080TI instead for a bit higher in price. way more usefull for workstation work as raytracing . will loose 1GB / card but increase the compute power by a nice margin.

at 3 and even 4 gpus stack, you negate the small amount of money difference... I dont speak for gaming anyway...

Soon GTX 10-series GPU owners will be able to stream Ultra-HD Netflix
Nvidia is testing a new GPU driver that supports Ultra-HD playback on its GTX 10-series cards. Anything from the GTX 1050Ti up to the Titan X (Pascal) will be able to stream 4K Netflix. However, currently, the driver is only available to those taking part in the Windows Insider Program, with full public access set to come via a Windows 10 update later this year.

Ultra-HD Netflix streaming on PCs featuring a Pascal GPU has been in the works for a long time now and is made possible thanks to HEVC decoding coupled with Windows 10’s new ‘PlayReady 3.0’ DRM, which has been used to convince rights holders that PCs are safe to stream 4K content too without fear of rampant piracy.

However, there are two more important things to note for those looking to stream UHD Netflix on PC, they will need a HDCP 2.2 compliant monitor. If you have multiple monitors, they will all need to support HDCP 2.2 in order to gain access to UHD streaming.

If you meet all of those requirements, then all you need is the Windows 10 Netflix app and a 25Mbps connection and you’ll be good to go.
http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...ners-will-be-able-to-stream-ultra-hd-netflix/

Back