Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not unprecedent. Ms had a partnership with B3D to reveal every intrinsic detail of the architecture and the specs, they even broke down the gpu piece by piece explaining how MS and Ati achieved it.
AFTER their reveal event as a normal part of media engagement. Not as part of the reveal.

This part sounds awesomely puzzling...

The Xbox Scorpio is using a brand new completely custom console only specific architecture that's using an all new rendering method which allows for an ultra efficient almost ZERO LATENCY communication between the system CPU & GPU which allows for a nearly 60% higher graphical rendering performance when compared to what's currently available on Pc graphics cards and or current game consoles.

The new architecture essentially allows for the Xbox Scorpio to take 6 teraflops worth of GPU compute power and render that 6 teraflops at 60% higher than the exact same Pc graphics card in a Pc which means that the Xbox Scorpio 6 teraflops of GPU COMPUTE POWER IS EQUIVALENT TO a 9.6 teraflop Pc graphics card. The new custom architecture was developed in collaboration between Microsoft & AMD designed specifically for Xbox Scorpio and the new communication method IS 100% fully patented from Microsoft specifically for the Xbox Scorpio. The way in which Microsoft was able to develop and patent this new custom architecture was because Microsoft funded nearly 40% of the research n development costs associated with ZEN/VEGA in exchange for not jus the ability to develop and patent this brand new custom console only architecture communication method specifically for Xbox Scorpio only but in addition Microsoft also in return was able to secure an extremely cost efficient price on the new Xbox Scorpio chipsets from AMD WHICH ARE ABSOLUTELY 100% ZEN/VEGA based chipsets. The CPU inside the Xbox Scorpio is an 8 CORE RYZEN SUMMIT RIDGE R5 CPU @ 2.8ghz, and the graphics chip inside Xbox Scorpio is a custom designed AMD VEGA GPU 6.2 teraflop GPU @ 970mhz. The Xbox Scorpio is also using 12gb of gddr5x memory with 320gb per second memory bandwidth. Those specs are the exact specs and exact hardware that's currently used inside the Xbox Scorpio dev kits as they are all using early engineering samples of both the RYZEN CPU & VEGA GPU. I was also informed that currently right now developers have numerous games that are currently up and running on the Xbox Scorpio dev kits. The games that I was told so far which are being tested n benchmarked that are currently running NATIVE 4K 60fps on Xbox Scorpio dev kits are as follows.......

Sounds like misterxmedia, is it him? :LOL:

And I thought only Nintendo fans were having wet hardware dreams...

At least Nintendo fans had wet dreams about existing hardware (Parker). This whole thing about MS funding Ryzen and AMD creating a new architecture for Scorpio definitely takes the cake.

At least Nintendo fans had wet dreams about existing hardware (Parker). This whole thing about MS funding Ryzen and AMD creating a new architecture for Scorpio definitely takes the cake.

But it would benefit AMD so much if developers learned to program for Ryzen (btw developers never code directly to the CPU) that there is a really high chance that they actually went and did it!

I love the latests... er.. leaks. they take me back to Xbox One post reveal. "they have only shown the IGPU, there will be another one in the power brick", Data move engines, display planes, ultra fast EDRAM; enabling superior CPU performance (everyone knows GDDR5 could never reliably be used for CPU; it's fact).
The "60% more powerful" -posts are on that level. They inspire and instill hope in a lot of Xbox One fans all over the world.
This generation has not been kind to Xbox fans, at all. Today they think their favourite company can take back the crown.
Console wise this is like the night before Christmas. Anything was possible.

Within 7 hours a lot of dreams and hopes will be crushed, yet a few people will hold on: "They probably just pretended Scorpio didn't have this or that so they can surprise us at E3!!" :(
The most disappointing thing about all this is not the specs, but the fact that the rumour part as well as the constant implying that people were some kind of insiders will be over after today.

Of course, should it have Zen then everybody will become an insider instantly, so I can certainly see the stakes for a lot of folks :)

I'm the opposite of an XBox fan. Generally speaking, I abhor MS and most tech companies. But what I'm eager to see is another console that pushes boundaries like the PS3 or even more so. Since then, it seems that hardware improvements have been, overall, somewhat modest. In total flops, the PS3 CPU beat the PS4 CPU even though the PS4 CPU was probably far more efficient. The transition from the WiiU to the Switch was also meager -- going from a console to a lower powered hybrid. I would love to see ANY console maker come out with a cutting edge machine that pushed to be the most powerful on the market by a non-trivial margin. What I really do NOT want to see a little baby steps using similar hardware again and again. I'd love for the PS5 to use a cutting edge NVIDIA GPU, for example.

My hope for the Scorpio is that they have done SOMETHING truly innovative and significant to give it an advantage over the PS4 Pro other than just slap in a slight to moderately more powerful GPU/CPU. Cutting edge ray tracer chip, an innovative new architecture that makes the system super efficient, a few dozen fixed function processors, ultra fast cache: the Scorpio needs something to set it apart.

But it would benefit AMD so much if developers learned to program for Ryzen (btw developers never code directly to the CPU) that there is a really high chance that they actually went and did it!
Looks like to not trash ryzen's performance are sufficient best practices and not to write to the metal, or to the silicon in this case...

Herm... We do code directly to the CPU...
We call that ASM or instrinsics (I favor the latter it's way more readable).
Granted it's only a small part of our code, but for a given architecture it's not necessarily instructions that matter, but data flow... (Which don't need ASM nor intrinsics.)

I meant that at the moment the big and easy solvable problem with zen looks to be on a highter level of programming, so if programmers start to avoid some easy avoidable pitfall on scorpio, the code will end up performing better on pc too

Sounds like misterxmedia, is it him? :LOL:
dunno, but if that were true I would certainly need a hug. And some other people could feel something very good in some parts, a lot of blood would go there

Originally Posted by dark10x

I mean, it is a spec reveal so don't expect some kind of crazy presentation here - just lots of information presented straight.

He works for DF though I dont know his name off the top (John Linnneman?). Posted minutes ago on GAF.

"Lots of information" sounds nice.

Also from the up to the minute twitter rat race. Tom Warren again.

Reminder: Panos took over Xbox design 2 years ago, Phil took over Xbox 3 years ago. Project Scorpio is a true new Xbox

There are a lot of news site publishing "insider's leak" stating basically that it will be more powerfull than the one and that it will be able to run games at 4k.
Basically obvious and very old info.
People's reaction in the comments are euphoric.
There's so much hype in the air that anything less than the max hardware configuration will backfire terribly

There are a lot of news site publishing "insider's leak" stating basically that it will be more powerfull than the one and that it will be able to run games at 4k.
Basically obvious and very old info.
People's reaction in the comments are euphoric.
There's so much hype in the air that anything less than the max hardware configuration will backfire terribly
I have a feeling that all those sites are just repeating what other sites have posted. Echo chamber basically.

Most (all?) leading back to Jez, Windows central. I'm not saying what he's wrote is made up, or even wrong, just that he's the source, which then get's blown up even more as it expands out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back