Ryse: Son of Rome [XO]

The ROME parts do looks amazing on my laptop now, but the gameplay left me wanting. It is very very restrictive. it wants me to press buttons in a specific sequence and thats it. Atleast, uptill where I played.I just can't get myself to fire it up to continue. even though this was the first game I installed to test my laptop.

The ROME parts do looks amazing on my laptop now, but the gameplay left me wanting. It is very very restrictive. it wants me to press buttons in a specific sequence and thats it. Atleast, uptill where I played.I just can't get myself to fire it up to continue. even though this was the first game I installed to test my laptop.

You have very powerful laptop.

Ryse barely run on my desktop hahaha.

Btw the gameplay does become better farther into the game. There's still lots of QTE tho.

You have very powerful laptop.

Ryse barely run on my desktop hahaha.

Btw the gameplay does become better farther into the game. There's still lots of QTE tho.
Yea bought it as my desktop replacement. has gtx1060 in it. Can run all games comfortably. I am sure it will get outdated soon, as is always with the PC side. :p

Honestly looks pretty dated now, quite a few open world game already look much better and with more advanced techs. For a narrow corridor linear game I have way higher expectations these days after seeing some of the new benchmarks. But for a launch title it certainly shined for its time, too bad the game didn't do well critically otherwise we would have a much more improved Ryse 2 by now.
have you played the british islands part? Because if that looks dated then games like The Division look like large pixelated blocks, like a Gameboy.

have you played the british islands part? Because if that looks dated then games like The Division look like large pixelated blocks, like a Gameboy.
You and I have a very different definition of what pixelated black looks like:).
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...m-clancy-s-the-division-tm-20170119200310.png
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...m-clancy-s-the-division-tm-20170117202809.png
And yes I've played Ryse back and forth 3 times on the Bone, even older Open world games like Far Cry Primal, Batman AK and The Witcher 3 look better not to mention all the new ones.

Surprised Microsoft didn't try to a get a sequel to Ryse. Seems like it would be a the very type of exclusive that would fit on Xbox.

Would you give Crytek money? I wouldn't!!

I thought the story was that MS tried to buy the IP because they wanted more control (even after the total clusterfuck of management & direction on MS' part), so it was just a standstill with Crytek not wanting to sell it (although given their current state of affairs, it's mind boggling they wouldn't just let it go).

Deferred lighting the @Laa-Yosh signal. :runaway:

Free with Games with Gold right now. I just tried it out. Playing on Centurion. Seems pretty simple. Graphics hold up fairly well for a launch title, I think. They do look a bit dated though. Kind of sad that Crytek became such a mess. Would have been nice to see what they could do with another title.

Free with Games with Gold right now. I just tried it out. Playing on Centurion. Seems pretty simple. Graphics hold up fairly well for a launch title, I think. They do look a bit dated though. Kind of sad that Crytek became such a mess. Would have been nice to see what they could do with another title.
are you still playing it? When you get to the british islands part the game is at its peak, imho. I hope Crytek revive the game or sell the rights someday in the future.

Finished this a long time ago on normal with no desire to go back in after I was done. I've heard it is much more enjoyable at higher difficulty.

Maybe I'll try it again if I ever make a dent in my backlog.

I've put a little over an hour in. It's not amazing, but it's not bad. It's very simple. Visuals still hold up pretty nicely. The cutscenes and the voice acting are very well done. Gameplay is missing something, but on the centurion setting it isn't bad though still easy. The executions are a little repetitive already. Would have been nice to see more of a mix. Do you get more as you upgrade or something? Still haven't figured out how the d-pad really works. I never use it.

Right now, it's hitting the spot. I'm a basic gamer at this point. I want to play in 30 minute intervals and be guided along. Too many paths, too many options, and I check out. So far I'd say this is an average to above average game that's fun enough if you play it on a hard setting.

Back