What Anime are you watching now?

^Thanks for the suggestion!

I preferred the series because I liked more the way Dios and Himemiya's story was developed, and Himemiya's character made way more sense to me than in the movie: she put herself in that place in order to protect his brother; she sacrificed herself. In the movie, it's not exactly like that and it's way more confusing. I empathised more with the Himemiya in the series, I loved her.

Also, in the series it seems that neither Utena and Himemiya are lesbians, actually. In the movie this is different (the ending, specially?). It's not that I have a problem with lesbians (being bisexual myself), what I don't like is... you know, being confused: are they or are they not? Hahaha! On the other hand, some things that in the series were ruled out as incest, in the movie are.

I liked some differences, though, like Utena having a previous relationship with Touga.

By the way, is Chuchu Akio in some form? :-/

im almost finished Magi: The Kingdom of Magic its been pretty good.

When i look at what i have watched of late the good ones have been:

Akatsuki no Yona ( very much like arslan Senki)
Speed grapher ( very odd)
Noragami

Currently rewatching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I only remember that it's different from the first anime series, which had to develop in advance of the manga, and that I liked it a bit less than the first one. Let's see how this turns out, now.

Also, watching Dragon Ball from the beginning (of ages, haha).

A few weeks ago I finished Slayers: Revolution. I didn't like it as much as previous seasons (the first one is still unmatched, so far).

Do you know any medieval/fantasy animes with a good story arc? Thank you!

Currently rewatching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I only remember that it's different from the first anime series, which had to develop in advance of the manga, and that I liked it a bit less than the first one. Let's see how this turns out, now.

Also, watching Dragon Ball from the beginning (of ages, haha).

A few weeks ago I finished Slayers: Revolution. I didn't like it as much as previous seasons (the first one is still unmatched, so far).

Do you know any medieval/fantasy animes with a good story arc? Thank you!

The best is to combine the first half of the first series with the second series. The first series was accurate to the manga for the first half of it, and then they had to go their own way for the second half as that was all the manga had gotten up to by that point.

The second series pretty much skipped most of the first part of the manga because it was covered in the first anime series. So you end up missing a lot of cool stuff (like Edward's testing to becoming a state alchemist) if you skip the first series.

Animation quality in the second series was fantastic though, especially towards the end of the series.

Regards,
SB

Recent anime that I really like is Youjo Senki. Setting in terms of equipment is like around WW2-ish(?). With magic. And God. And someone who hates God. It isn't super deep, but fun to watch.

The second series pretty much skipped most of the first part of the manga because it was covered in the first anime series. So you end up missing a lot of cool stuff (like Edward's testing to becoming a state alchemist) if you skip the first series.
Yes... When I watched Brotherhood I missed some good puppy/Hawkeye moments, haha.

I'm now starting to remember, by the way... I preferred in this anime the story regarding most of the homunculi (with the exception for Lust, which I think I liked most in the first anime).

I'd say they skipped the best stuff. Brotherhood is not worth watching in my opinion.

This season have so many annoying and boring moe moe anime again :(

Anyway, attached k on Titan new season starts with.... A whimper?

It seems the studio didn't get enough budget or time so they padded the scenes... The awesome animated scenes are very limited.... Or exploited for too much duration.

Having a great time with Dragon Ball. It feels so... fresh? :D

At first I was a bit afraid of being disappointed, as it happened with other childhood revisited series (or even movies), but I'm happy to see this is not the case. Enjoying the story, characters, comical tone and animation so far.

Slayers: Evolution-R.

Let's see how this turns out. In my opinion, the best season was the first one, so far.

The new season of Attack on Titan, of course. Berserk and just watched the first season of Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. If you like Attack on Titan, it will interest you immensely.

Mermaid's Forest, based on a manga by Rumiko Takahashi (Ranma).

So far, so good. The tone is not comical/stupid as in Ranma. It's rather a darker anime, with horror elements.

The story revolves around an ancient Japanese legend: those who eat mermaid flesh will gain immortal life.

Made in Abyss, but it's only at episode 3 :( Pretty solid atm, I expect it will be a short series given the pace.

Boku no Hero Acadamia. I can't help myself, I love it.

Started watching it and it is a bit cringeworthy at times but well worth the watch for the feel good vibe.

Personally I prefer anime with more mature themes, so anything with Hayao Miyazaki is on my shortlist (or Studio Ghibli). Also really enjoyed their collaboration with Level 5, the game Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.

Back