Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next Forza should look pretty spectacular on Scorpio considering how good GT sport currently looks. Also crackdown 3 physics should be fun but Sony is killing it with 1st party games so i don't see a reason to ever buy that.

it sounds like he has confirmed the CPU

Mz55My9.png
I don't read that as a confirmation.

Also heard there wont be a Single player part at release which is pretty lame.

Single player is coming. In fact last summer they announced it was delayed because of single player. Phil Spencer has been posting on his Twitter account about how it's been looking & playing. You also might Google comments from Shannon Loftis, Microsoft Studios General Manager. Everything about the original Crackdown that made it iconic is there in Crackdown 3.

Please keep the FUD away it just shows how ignorant you are when it comes to anything Xbox.

Tommy McClain

Last edited:
I don't read that as a confirmation.
colour me intrigued then. I think a 2.0GHz Zen might fit the bill pretty well, if it's based on the Ryzen 1500. An insider named shinobi has said that the hardware is pretty impressive. What worries me is the software, like a mate says MS has lost if friki geek touch it had in the past. Now it's all a bit too....protocolar. :(

You can see some of that in this article on the Xbox forgotten franchises from the original Xbox, which are many.

http://www.gamesradar.com/forgotten-xbox-franchises/

Dev-kits and documentation are in devs hands right now, they're showing it to media outlets. They have to give the specs asap, or the whole thing will be leaked way before E3 spoiling any surprise.

It makes sense to control the narrative now and focusing in games and sercices later

I'm also assuming they would have a trailer for 2018 Halo .
the lineup is to be expected, though one always hopes for a surprise. I wonder if they are going to keep the name Scorpio. I really prefer that name, and the shape of the X button in a row pattern kinda matches the design of a scorpio as seen in some t-shirts. Maybe they are going to name it something as dull as Xbox Two -because of the PC/console dual thing, but I really hope they keep it calling Scorpio. Now people are used to that name and changing it sucks.

Maybe they'll have Halo 3 Anniversary (trilogy Collection for Win10 as well) and Gears of War 2 Ultimate.

While Zen would be nice....as long as the CPU is clocked at least 200-300MHz higher than the Pro I don't really care if it's Jaguar arch.

Dev-kits and documentation are in devs hands right now, they're showing it to media outlets. They have to give the specs asap, or the whole thing will be leaked way before E3 spoiling any surprise.

It makes sense to control the narrative now and focusing in games and sercices later

Yes, I agree with this. Hopefully we get a real good info dump this week.

the lineup is to be expected, though one always hopes for a surprise. I wonder if they are going to keep the name Scorpio. I really prefer that name, and the shape of the X button in a row pattern kinda matches the design of a scorpio as seen in some t-shirts. Maybe they are going to name it something as dull as Xbox Two -because of the PC/console dual thing, but I really hope they keep it calling Scorpio. Now people are used to that name and changing it sucks.
I do have a feeling we will get a few more surprises to go along with scorpio in terms of games. Phil took over what 3 years ago so It would be the right time for any games he started to push to finally start coming together for release in 2018.

While Zen would be nice....as long as the CPU is clocked at least 200-300MHz higher than the Pro I don't really care if it's Jaguar arch.
My opinion: Don't particularly care, but I do have different views on each.
Upclocked jaguar: Mid gen upgrade simply meeting what ms set out, to run x1 games at 4k. doesn't mean they won't keep same ecosystem when Scorpio 2 comes out though.
Zen: Rolling gen, more forward facing to take on the role as the budget machine when the next one comes out. Jag would be aprox 7-8years old by then. Zen would be better placed to support next consoles vr, and games, etc as the budget machine.

Crackdown is a Cloud gimmick, take away the Cloud and what you're left is nothing special. SoT is a MMO and honestly Ass Creed 4 looks much more impressive to me. F7 is still yet to unveil but knowing it's a 60fps game and a possible native 4k, the graphics would be no more than Forza 6 with a little tweaks. Unless they offer a 1080p graphics mode which then would be something to see. I know I'm making some bold claims here but this is how I imagine things gonna go down.
Not sure I understand you. The original Crackdown was one of the best games of last generation. If xbox o needs to be online to play it but scorpio can play it off line with the same destruction but at 4k through perhaps the power of zen it would be a big deal to show off the new stuff.

Anyway It sounds like your going now with personal preference and I don't wnt to get into this debate. Some games will appeal to others more than ... others. You might not be interested in SoT but its was one of the most acclaimed games last E3 . Forza has always been a solid racer and at 4k on scorpio it should be the best looking racer avalible.

My opinion: Don't particularly care, but I do have different views on each.
Upclocked jaguar: Mid gen upgrade simply meeting what ms set out, to run x1 games at 4k. doesn't mean they won't keep same ecosystem when Scorpio 2 comes out though.
Zen: Rolling gen, more forward facing to take on the role as the budget machine when the next one comes out. Jag would be aprox 7-8years old by then. Zen would be better placed to support next consoles vr, and games, etc as the budget machine.

Scorpio without Zen could probably still be powerful enough to do PS5 games at like 900p-1080p.

Scorpio without Zen could probably still be powerful enough to do PS5 games at like 900p-1080p.
I did say still in same ecosystem. So I do expect that Scorpio & Scorpio 2 to be able to still play lots of the same games, but will make it a lot harder with more compromises on Scorpio, some games and vr probably be hard to scale.

for me the point of a rolling gen is that the difference in capabilities is a lot more closer. Up clocked jag is x1-> Scorpio 2 jump almost. a generation level jump instead of half.

I can easily except and understand either cpu being chosen, does impact my long term view though (when next one comes out)

Not sure I understand you. The original Crackdown was one of the best games of last generation. If xbox o needs to be online to play it but scorpio can play it off line with the same destruction but at 4k through perhaps the power of zen it would be a big deal to show off the new stuff.

Anyway It sounds like your going now with personal preference and I don't wnt to get into this debate. Some games will appeal to others more than ... others. You might not be interested in SoT but its was one of the most acclaimed games last E3 . Forza has always been a solid racer and at 4k on scorpio it should be the best looking racer avalible.

I'm pretty sure there's no chance of that, wasn't there a demonstration showing how it took 4 meaty PCs from the cloud to complete the environment? So if it's 4k you'll still need the cloud - or did you mean 1080p with same destruction?

Last edited:
Honestly the Microsoft should have just backed off and let the cloud thing die...It was of the marketing hype things they did with Xbox One launch that I didn't particularly like.

Honestly the Microsoft should have just backed off and let the cloud thing die...It was of the marketing hype things they did with Xbox One launch that I didn't particularly like.

They should invest in new technologies and cloud compute is one of them. They bought Havok for this reason and Crackdown 3 will be their first major showcase for this tech.

if the PS5 had a much faster CPU like Zen and Scorpio used Jaguar it could be in trouble for that.

Xbox one is going to have to run the same games as Scorpio, but in this case if you have a faster CPU on Scorpio you can simply target 30FPS on Xbone and higher on Scorpio, or increase some other settings that are not critical (like distance)

but if you started with a much faster CPU on PS5 and targeted 30, I think it would be problematic to make a version for the Jaguar consoles!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back