Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

It's lighting that PD always get right, it's definitely the most realistic looking racer. That's good and bad at the same time, tracks and cars usually look very bland irl.

here's a good quality footage
That one demonstrates the weakness of the trees nicely. Especially at the beginning where there's a clear wall of tree textures. It's frustrating that all these gameplay clips are 3rd person instead of in-car too. All interior footage is a year old so not representative of current builds.

One of them started in cockpit view though?

Intrigued by the daily workout thing in that last vid btw

So they're saying the whole of the Global E-sports market is worth less than a handful of football (soccer) players (*)?
True its not aimed at me, but why the fuck would anyone want to watch others play games? I can understand it with sports (tiring and physically not able etc) but video games, surely its more fun doing it yourself

(*)ronaldo earnt 238 million USD last year
Depends in the game. Why would any one want to watch people pkaying Go or Chess? Is it fun? Its the competitive skill that makes these kind of spectacles interesting.
Nobody would be interested to watch someone play Uncharted single player campaign.
But just like EVO people would be interested to see high level players competing in a game like Gran Turismo witch bring characteristics that are reminiscent of real life racing

Received the beta code on US account today. Wasn't really expecting this as the US beta started more than a week ago. So check your mail/ps notifications :)

Received the beta code on US account today. Wasn't really expecting this as the US beta started more than a week ago. So check your mail/ps notifications :)
I got one too, it's a canadian account... but the code doesn't work! :(

I got one too, it's a canadian account... but the code doesn't work! :(
I tried to redeem using ios app first and it didn't work. I just powered on the ps4 and noticed there is a notification/invite so I just accepted it.

cfilot.png

twhzql.png

wmbmyf.png

vswudg.png

tnvrsy.png

So they're saying the whole of the Global E-sports market is worth less than a handful of football (soccer) players (*)?
True its not aimed at me, but why the fuck would anyone want to watch others play games? I can understand it with sports (tiring and physically not able etc) but video games, surely its more fun doing it yourself

(*)ronaldo earnt 238 million USD last year

E-sports is more than just the sport revenue itself it is also a hyper marketing tool for companies that owns the games(skins, weapons, icons and hours played) which can't be quantify unless those companies reveal their numbers but right now is higher than the revenue the sport itself make.

You mean on mainstream TV? Yea I don't think they have it in EU. Main viewership is from YouTube and twitch. But that being said the viewership numbers are still massive. No reason for it to have to make it onto mainstream TV for it to be popular or considered mainstream.

They have it on asia where the TV channels itself are the ones who organize and run the competitions.

Okay then mainstream schmainstream you win iroboto.

Here Shifty Geezer; best racing game graphics environment ever, confirmed: people walking around in the background (maybe too fast? and only back and forth lol), this has never been done in the history of videogames, at least not to my knowledge:

gts2mxu4x.gif

Is not just the graphics that makes this game looks so real...its the movements of the car (regardless of how good the physics actually are) that looks just real.

here's a good quality footage
They REALLY nailed the lighting and overall color grading Including cars. I like how clean this looks during gameplay. Will online be up to 16 or 20 players?
Is not just the graphics that makes this game looks so real...its the movements of the car (regardless of how good the physics actually are) that looks just real.
Yeah and then you can expect impact/crash physics to look unrealistic as hell again :( I'm adult and realize GT was never about crashing but accidents happen during real racing and will have impact on the race/Driver. Should be the same in racing games or why would they aim for simulation in some aspects and ignore others?

Last edited:
Not seeing anything in there that suggests this would be pro footage actually.

Not seeing anything in there that suggests this would be pro footage actually.
Oh i thought the fact that the video was recorded at 1080p was that it was on pro. I reckon Ps4 pro only being able to recorded at 720p that's why i said it was probably from pro. Sorry.

Oh i thought the fact that the video was recorded at 1080p was that it was on pro. I reckon Ps4 pro only being able to recorded at 720p that's why i said it was probably from pro. Sorry.

All Pro video are at 1080p and PS4 standard video at 720p. Only exception are video done with capture card.

Back