Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't tell if your being sarcastic or not but it's absolutely not credible. It's literally that MisterXMedia guy...

Out of the price and if it 479 euros I think it is ok. I am sure of one thing the specification of Scorpio GPU were probably a little improved...the rumor comes from someone working in the industry as an indie... And have nothing to do with this website...

The most credible item from it is likely the following tidbits:

Elite controllers will see a second revision, with the new model that will boast support for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range improved. $ 149 / € The price of the new Elite controllers, while the current will be cut to fifty dollars / euro and will cost $ 99 / €.

Project Scorpio you can pre-order from ... Sunday, June 11, 2017, at the end of Microsoft's E3 conference. All-rehearsed.

I remember reading some of his posts a few years ago when Xbox One first came out. It was exactly this style....conversational form with an "insider". I'm pretty sure it's just one person talking to himself...

Okay I don't read the bullshit of misterxMedia, I was not knowing but like I said I heard Scorpio specification are a little better than the presentation last year (maybe better GPU frequency) and the price will probably be higher than PS4 Pro.. This is why it was credible imo...

Last edited:
The most credible item from it is likely the following tidbits:

Elite controllers will see a second revision, with the new model that will boast support for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range improved. $ 149 / € The price of the new Elite controllers, while the current will be cut to fifty dollars / euro and will cost $ 99 / €.

Project Scorpio you can pre-order from ... Sunday, June 11, 2017, at the end of Microsoft's E3 conference. All-rehearsed.

Elite controller revision with Bluetooth seems like a pretty safe bet. Highly skeptical they will cut the price though.

I expect it to be a Raven Ridge/Ryzen APU too because of the timeframe as that's my common sense. But what do I know:)

I think it's interesting that so many are talking with such certainty when MS just sent me an email survey last week asking me about what features were important to include in Scorpio.

You have strange friends.
:mrgreen: it's fair to say that all in all, he is right. Those who started in the console world with a Xbox have been suffering for quite a few years now from erratic policies and bad CEOs and stuff and if they want to return to the path towards awesomeness Phil Spencer should do more than just say beautiful words to become the owner of your captive heart. I expect interesting things about Scorpio, very interesting, but maybe I am getting myself ready for disappointment. Time will tell. 2 months!!

After reading back my post, it sounded like I was attacking you, glad you never took it that way as it wasn't meant that way.

I wouldn't bet you as I agree with most of what you say, and I would come pretty much to mostly the same conclusions.

The difference is though, is that as I said, there is stuff to be confirmed and disclosed and that's what people want to know about.
At the moment it's still conjecturer, even if you end up being 100% correct.

You also said it yourself, "until proven otherwise". Well that won't happen untill the reveal or leaks.:LOL:

Breakdown of what you said:
6TF - Well yes we was told that, but what Gpu IP, what customisations if any.
CPU Not zen - what is it, what frequency
12GB Gddr5 - guess based on a render, which is taken as being fact by most people.

So yes, plenty to still know and the bits you said are very vague. Apart from memory.

Not too far away? It feels like its been forever :runaway:
it the CPU is not Zen and it seems likely, 4k might be a possibility because the GPU looks very promising, but I'd very very worried about framerates, the biggest issue with a Jaguar byproduct.

it the CPU is not Zen and it seems likely, 4k might be a possibility because the GPU looks very promising, but I'd very very worried about framerates, the biggest issue with a Jaguar byproduct.

All it has to do is match the framerate of Xbox One version and then scale the resolution while maintaining that approximate frame rate. A lot of games are 30fps on consoles.

I'm curious, what would people think if it's a slightly custom (or not custom at all) polaris Gpu, with an upclocked jaguar cpu?

with it still being able to do everything they've said so far, simply due to the extra power?
don't need zen to do it, don't need vega either.

All it has to do is match the framerate of Xbox One version and then scale the resolution while maintaining that approximate frame rate. A lot of games are 30fps on consoles.
it depends on your preferences, maybe you can stand it, maybe you can't, but I am not sure I can stand another full generation at "console" framerates,30 fps is way too much to handle another full generation on average. I'd rather prefer 1080p 60 fps

I'm more and more convinced that $449.99 could be the price of Scorpio.

That might work for the launch period. You could always drop to $399 in early 2018 when demand softens.These are promium customers anyway, 50 bucks for six months extra of the fastest thing around isn't so bad.

Is BOM likely to be more than $150 higher than the X1S though? ~$40 more for Ram, ~$80 more for silicon (assuming 400 mm^2 ish), +10 for cooler, +10 for power, +10 for 1TB HDD? Something like that?

$400 might still be possible, given that we're already around $300 for the 1TB X!S on BOM and 16 nm is only going to get cheaper as phones start to move to 10 nm and 7gHz GDDR5 become more and more the baseline for consumer GPUs.

The people who rush in will be those likely to spend on XBox Live Gold and buy numerous games. If MS are willing to take a slight haircut I could see then try and squeeze in at $399. And that's not bad value considering all TFs and UHDs and RAMs stuffed in there.

it depends on your preferences, maybe you can stand it, maybe you can't, but I am not sure I can stand another full generation at "console" framerates,30 fps is way too much to handle another full generation on average. I'd rather prefer 1080p 60 fps

Well thats up to the developers. I expect the standard practice for Scorpio will be like PS4 Pro in that there will be essentially the same settings/performance at a higher res. If they add 1080p 60fps mode it will be secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back