Mass Effect: Andromeda

On Eos. Really love this game at the moment!
Havent seen yet any bugs except two black screen to desktop with DX error dialog. No funny faces or such. Loving the atmosphere. ME1 style :love:

I checked my PS4 yesterday and there have been four patches (1.01 to 1.04) I feel I'm certain I'm at the end of ME3 as I've recruited everybody in the entire galaxy. Waking up this beautiful sunny morning in London, having lost an hour of sleep to the DST demon, I really just want to play Andromeda. I should have persevered and finished ME3 last night. Grrrr.

This is such a budget level game going by $40 million over 5 years. Some top games are in excess of $170 million for 2 years, IIRC. Hell, back in 2002 the one place I worked at was burning over $3 million a month and that was just for our DNA/Drug Discovery Software development.

This is such a budget level game going by $40 million over 5 years. Some top games are in excess of $170 million for 2 years, IIRC. Hell, back in 2002 the one place I worked at was burning over $3 million a month and that was just for our DNA/Drug Discovery Software development.

Where's this $40 million figure coming from anyway? I tried to google it and all I found was one dude on a forum claiming ME3 (not Andromeda) was $40 million. Hardly something I'd call hard evidence, though. Same goes for a number in the title of a youtube. A video which is nothing but a bunch of stolen clips edited together by some dude.

Havent seen anything like that on PC though.. lets see on PS4 later on :)
Same. I'm playing on PS4 Pro and I've put about eight hours in. Given people were reporting crashes and glitches, I wasn't expecting an entirely smooth ride but it's been great. No crashes, freezes or animation glitches. They really do need to fix dialogue cutting off other dialogue though. Especially SAM.

Shut the hell up, SAM. :yep2:

I'm really enjoying it. I've terraformed the first planet and enjoyed every moment of it. I like the new huge planets and the feeling of exploration from ME1 againb. More fast travel points on them would be welcome, though and the R&D and production interface is absolutely awesome. Every new ME game, new awesome interface. :rolleyes:

Posting this again for the morning crew.

Ok so I love the Dhan Shotgun so much I made a video about how to craft the blueprint, how to easily find Vanadium (very rare mineral). It's a lot of fun, so check it out if you're interested.

Oh, and this is a must have if you are playing a Vanguard.

To this moment, combat has been awesome
They really do need to fix dialogue cutting off other dialogue though. Especially SAM.

Shut the hell up, SAM. :yep2:

I'm really enjoying it. I've terraformed the first planet and enjoyed every moment of it. I like the new huge planets and the feeling of exploration from ME1 againb. More fast travel points on them would be welcome, though and the R&D and production interface is absolutely awesome. Every new ME game, new awesome interface. :rolleyes:

Yes. Shut. The. Hell. Up. SAM. I know I can mine this, yeah Strike teams are ready, yeah its cold, yeah its warm again... its like its stuck on training/novice mode!
As UI/UX guy, wth they were thinking with the interface?! Its not completely broken, but the navigation paths are too deep and not clear. Also: async for the focus moving while you click, is that so hard? =)
Everything else, loving it more every day.

[edit: system->interface]

yea I've been watching streams, I wish I didn't cann my pre-order. Game looks great on PC. I was really turned off by frame rate issues on XBO, but this game certainly looks more than managable on my 1070

Bioware's putting in work!
Thursday's patch will already fix the crappy eyes shader:
https://www.masseffect.com/news/the-journey-ahead?sf53509845=1
This Thursday, we’ll release a new patch that addresses technical fixes (crashes, improved performance), but also adds a number of improvements we’ve heard you ask for, such as:

• Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
  • Increasing the inventory limits
  • Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
  • Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
  • Improving localized voice over lip sync
  • Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
  • Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
There are many more adjustments being made, all of which you can find in our patch notes.

Over the next two months we’ll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:

• More options and variety in the character creator
  • Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
  • Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
  • Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
  • Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams
These upcoming patches will also address performance and stability issues. And we’re looking at adding more cosmetic items to single player for free.

For multiplayer, over the same timeframe, we’re going to continue to build on the APEX missions that have been running since launch. We’ll be adding new maps, characters, and weapons. On Thursday, we kick off the first of three new chapters centered around The Remnant Investigation.

Eyes sure look better..why they weren't like that at launch is mindboggling...
DxRKaEp.jpg

f7h23sifaypy.png

qIS6TYh.jpg

Back