Destiny 2

I am so afraid it will suck another year and a half of my life not letting me play other games again !!!

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Rumored release date : September 2817

Nothing will be brought to Destiny 2 except your looks

Platforms : PS4, X1, PC (rumored)

Official announcement will come sometimes later after Age of Triumph officials launch.

BETA : July 2017 (PS4)

SOURCE : the Internet. Too much hassle to copy paste using my phone (it close app when I switch windows or tabs).

PS4 timed beta? :(

Personally I'm pretty worried Destiny 2 will feel too much like a big expansion than a new game. Given that I'm getting burnt out on Destiny 1 (though, still playing). I worry that they haven't really had enough dev time. But, given the rumors that Destiny 1 was extremely difficult to update, I understand their hands were tied and they had to move on.

Holy Smokes can you imagine a Scorpio/Destiny 2 (native) 4K beast mode bundle...(lol I know that cant happen given the Sony deal)

My biggest hope is for vastly improved graphics with the move to PS4/XBO as baseline. Not that destiny 1 looks bad to the contrary. But I'm a graphics slut. Well that and more vault space than I can ever fill.

Oh and, PC version IMO is pretty huge.

BTW I just soloed Crotas End yesterday for flawless raider. Doubtless one of my biggest Destiny 1 achievements and just in the nick of time. also up to 96 rumble wins. Kinda wanting to stop playing and finish Gears/Halo 5 campaigns though.

Last edited:
I just don't understand the way bungie mind works.

Using glitches to solo a raid = fine.

Using environment and proper gameplay mechanic to fight (with different strategy that bungie envision) boss in raid and everywhere else = patched out with ridiculous gamey mechanism (invisible wall, death barrier, joint team timer, respawning boss, teleporting boss, caged boss, etc).

If destiny 2 actually follows destiny original design pillars where the game encourages sandbox play, I would be really happy.

Using glitches to solo a raid = fine.

Well, I dont know that it's "fine". In fact all indications are in Age of Triumph they will "fix" Crota's End to be non-soloable (picture of 6 court of oryx style statues across the bridge, indicating probably 6 people carrying something necessary now). I think it was more like a dead raid so they didn't bother expending the resources, prior to this. They also added a kill volume across bridge air at some point, it's just didn't stretch far enough, so you can avoid it if you keep left. Typical Bungie incompetence. But the point is they always tried to kill solo-ing.

Which I think is dumb because the fact anybody could put some time in learning the strats and solo CE for flawless raider (when Bungie never intended that) was super cool. One of the coolest things I can say I've done in the game.

Not sure what announcing D2 and revealing absolutely nothing accomplishes.

Rumored release date : September 2817

Nothing will be brought to Destiny 2 except your looks

Platforms : PS4, X1, PC (rumored)

Official announcement will come sometimes later after Age of Triumph officials launch.

BETA : July 2017 (PS4)

SOURCE : the Internet. Too much hassle to copy paste using my phone (it close app when I switch windows or tabs).

in movie trailer guy voice: "Eight hundred years in open beta, this summer! Destiny two!!"

yeah

"the last city is burning while the traveler did nothing, it just floats silently there, as usual"

No! Even in the hour of this DESPAIR*, the TRAVELER* gives us the LIGHT* to fight of the forces of DARKNESS* and enables GUARDIANS* to reclaim our GOLDEN AGE* and forge a new GLORY* of the DESTINY*!

*log in to Bungie.net to access Grimoire Cards that describe these vague concepts in as little words as possible

Teaser trailer for a reveal trailer on Thursday, March 30th at 10AM PST.

@iroboto, I doubt it... AoT doesn't bring new content, they're just basically bringing old raids back with modified mechanics, added challenge modes and new gear (well old gear that looks different with ornaments). It's kind of a celebration of what we've accomplished and there's a record book to kind of show off your accomplishments.

@iroboto, I doubt it... AoT doesn't bring new content, they're just basically bringing old raids back with modified mechanics, added challenge modes and new gear (well old gear that looks different with ornaments). It's kind of a celebration of what we've accomplished and there's a record book to kind of show off your accomplishments.
but it seems like a slightly missed opportunity ;)

I mean, I would be shocked if they didn't have some sort of Destiny event in the game before the launch of D2. ;)

Fuck, can the video game industry not find some new voice actors? Also, the humour is tired.

Looking forward to the full trailer though. Hopefully Destiny 2 has a reasonable story, for a game, and it has a little more content. Destiny needed a bigger variety of enemies and locales. The core gameplay was good though.

More like, we are living the stories that being told to child. At least that's the gist i got from Speaker:s narration in AOL trailer

So we get to see the city this time? or basically the destruction of the old social space so that we can have anew one :p .
I just hope they remember what Destiny is all about, th emarriage of sci-fi with fantasy, and keep it going !
Still remember waiting for new planets with each expansion and not getting any. I hope we aren't locked to the same places again.

...and I hope the March 30th reveal trailer is not some pre rendered video. Because thats what all trailers have been tilll now. I want to see real Destiny 2 !

About the new trailer, I kinda disliked how the game morphed from some attempt to be serious sci-fi into Cayde's jokey jokes all the time, exemplified by this trailer. I mean, I like Cayde and the actor who plays him, dont get me wrong.

Thing is reddit reacted very positively to Cayde's jokey jokes when Taken King came out, and Bungie basically takes their marching orders from reddit.

I guess a lot of things I really miss about Destiny are probably just the products of nostalgia though. I see people for example claiming year 1 crucible was so great because of whatever reason they rationalize it with. Nah, it's just because it was year 1. That's why you think it was so great. The whole game was fresh, new, and awesome. Neogaf says this is a product of anybody's first MMORPG. So I guess it's not specific to Destiny, just that Destiny was my first MMO.

I miss Dinklebot and hate Nolandroid really bad. But yet that too could well be nothing more than misplaced nostalgia.

Back