AMD RTG

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
Just a quick one to let everyone know that today was my last day at IMG PowerVR, and that I join AMD RTG to look after the European arm of RTG's Game Engineering group in a few days. Like I did with IMG, I've worked it out with AMD that I get to keep Beyond3D online and running smoothly in my spare time. They (specifically contractually encoded) don't pay me to do so, and there's explicitly no control from them in any way over how I run things, moderate or anything like that, same as with IMG. All they ask is that everyone is aware that I work there now.

If it's a massive problem that an AMD RTG employee operates and (rarely) moderates Beyond3D, my email address and private messages are open for a discussion about it. Nobody brought it up during my time at PowerVR (7 years), but you never know.

Ask away if needed.

Nope, I'm doing something different. There's overlap here and there, but it's a new role really. That's a big part of the appeal. My role at RTG is basically: help a European team of great engineers make games look great and run awesomely on Radeon, and funnel any appropriate tech that falls out of that process to the public through GPUOpen.

Well congrats and I hope you enjoy your new role. BTW you mind if I bother you as to when we can expect the GDC presentations on GPUOpen?
Not at all. I'll prod some of the RTG GDC presenters and get back to you (remember I don't work there yet!).

Congratulations Rys, and my condolences to all your friends at Imgtec...I know leaving is/was hard. :(

But man, what a time to be alive and working at AMD! Gonna be a great few years coming up! :D

Back