Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

About half way between Pitchcliff and Dawns Sentinel you'll find a community called Free Heap. I think all these sub-quests are there to get people on your side for the final fight.
Hmm...will have to find it ! I hope the map will show the names of places, can't remember if it does.

Last edited:
I'm sad we don't get to see armors with carbon fiber (at least from what I've seen so far). All the machines have it :(

Last edited:
Now this is the difference between good gameplay and great gameplay. After finishing the story of FFXV i cold not fid any fun in going back in and it felt pointless whereas here I cannot wait to go back in and play again ! THey have brought back that feeling which I last had in RnC last year where I replayed the whole game again right after I ended it.
Here I need to spank some thunderjaw and Stormbird metallic ass asap ! Now with my Armour souped up to gliterring holo perfection , Here I come u bunch of bullies ! :devilish: I just wish the Ancient armour wasn't this static and could be upgraded with some end game shit.

You do. You just have to complete the Ancient Armour quest :)

I tried that last time I played - you need the 5 power cells so no point starting until you get those...I only had one and I had to resort to youtube to get the first one (which I missed). Still got to 'come across' the other 3 :S

I have not played this for a couple days, I found I was far too addicted and wasn't doing anything else but grab play time whenever I had half a chance!

I tried that last time I played - you need the 5 power cells so no point starting until you get those...I only had one and I had to resort to youtube to get the first one (which I missed). Still got to 'come across' the other 3 :S

I have not played this for a couple days, I found I was far too addicted and wasn't doing anything else but grab play time whenever I had half a chance!
Forget about that armour seriously. its a cheat mode thing for end game satisfaction. and anyways u get it right at the end of the main quest when all the fun is in the side quests and the open world activities. I didn't even look anything up and got it , its not a super secret or anything, but honestly the Heavy Carja armour with mods is good enough for everything.

Forget about that armour seriously. its a cheat mode thing for end game satisfaction. and anyways u get it right at the end of the main quest when all the fun is in the side quests and the open world activities. I didn't even look anything up and got it , its not a super secret or anything, but honestly the Heavy Carja armour with mods is good enough for everything.

Yeah, the issue was there's a bit of a bug if you miss the 2nd power cell and you have to trick the game to let you back into the mother base - thing - or the gates are shut and you can't get in. Just thought as I was near level 25 I should do the quest but as you say, seems a bit of a cheat

Awesome game. I just took down two Thunderjaws at once, and also did some really nice quests, Petra is awesome :D

The quests might not be up to the level Witcher 3 set but it's pretty damn close, waaaaaay better than Fallout or your typical Ubisoft open world (or any other open world that isn't made by Rockstar or CDPR). Really impressed with what Guerrilla delivered, this game has its hooks on me like no game did since Witcher 3 I think.

Anyone else find the edge of the world?

Horizon_Zero_Dawn_20170306164907.jpg

Here's a few select ones from the other thread I posted - it's almost addictive to stop when something looks nice and take a snap...these are all 'no faffing' shots, just minor tweak (like the angle).
Horizon_Zero_Dawn_20170308160454.jpg
Horizon_Zero_Dawn_20170308155705.jpg
Horizon_Zero_Dawn_20170307113156.jpg
Horizon_Zero_Dawn_20170306114217.jpg
Horizon_Zero_Dawn_20170303124058.jpg

I keep trying to continue with the main quest but keep finding sidequests and errands! Like tracking down and capturing 3 escaped prisoners (links to Nil), finding missing children, food thieves etc. But it does mean that I've now taken down one of every robosaur out there (the thunderjaw is a beast - no ropecaster etc!) apart from the rock eaters or whatever they're called. They're next on the hit list. It also means I'm coming into the final quest(s) at level 41+ :D Should be fun!

Back