Motherboards.org uses 53.03 benching 3dm2k3?!?

Eh I don't bother slapping anyone for their likes/dislikes of games. :) . Isn't that after all what differentiates people? Their differences? :) .

Khedlar said:
I understand Nvidia's posistion and Futuremarks. Until they both sit down to the table and work something out I'm affraid that 3DMark03 will continue to lose favor with reviewers. Right now both are acting like little kids, both saying they are right. No one wins and in the end it is the consumer that takes it in the shorts.

And just what the hell is there to work out? Nvidia needs to stop being such slimy bastards and FM needs to grow some balls.

What the heck am I missing that makes so many think of this as a complicated situation?

ByteMe said:
And just what the hell is there to work out? Nvidia needs to stop being such slimy bastards and FM needs to grow some balls.

What the heck am I missing that makes so many think of this as a complicated situation?
Try making that into a mission statement for the stockholders though. ;)

Hanners said:
John Reynolds said:
I'd slap you for not liking Tron 2. . .that was one of my favorites last year.

I finally got around to picking it up, just in time for ATi drivers to break it completely. :rolleyes:

I could play it using my 5900, but there's a lot to be said for laziness. :p

did you try it with your ati card? i saw the comment in the release note for 4.1's but the game fired up and played just fine with the drivers on my 9800xt.

digitalwanderer said:
ByteMe said:

Try making that into a mission statement for the stockholders though. ;)

How about,

"From this day forward we (Nvidia) have implimented a new division. This division will be called the "Anti-slimball" crew. Their job will be to educate our marketing department on exactly what a graphics card is, and also kick them in the balls when they lie. We expect this will also save us with our medical insurance expenses because of the lower nvidia employee reproduction rate. We expect this new check in our company will allow us to stop acting like complete bastards. This will hopefully help us recapture much of the hign end market share we have lost.

yadaa... woka... bingo ... bla.."

Think it would help em?

ByteMe said:
Khedlar said:
I understand Nvidia's posistion and Futuremarks. Until they both sit down to the table and work something out I'm affraid that 3DMark03 will continue to lose favor with reviewers. Right now both are acting like little kids, both saying they are right. No one wins and in the end it is the consumer that takes it in the shorts.

It must be great to look at the world as being black and white. The problem is its grey.

So Nvidia needs to stop being such slimy bastards, I agree in theory. It seems stupid to me to spend develop time on a benchmark that doesn't also provide real world improvements in all applications.

FM needs to grow some balls. How? I think they took a stand and I'm not sure its working. What more can they do than what they have done. Sue Nvidia, the reviewers that use there benchmark. Don't think so, that will only make them less likely to survive.

They need to grow some balls because their "stand" consists of quitely publishing an approved drivers list, not mentioning which drivers failed and which are undergoing testing, and then tapping reviewers on the shoulder and saying "Pssst, sorry to disturb you, but would you mind using approved drivers... no? Ah well."

That's not a stand, that's a joke. I've already hated review corrects. A review needs to be correct when it first comes out, anything that comes afterwards is usually after 90% of the site's community has read the article.

Quitch said:
They need to grow some balls because their "stand" consists of quitely publishing an approved drivers list, not mentioning which drivers failed and which are undergoing testing, and then tapping reviewers on the shoulder and saying "Pssst, sorry to disturb you, but would you mind using approved drivers... no? Ah well."

That's not a stand, that's a joke. I've already hated review corrects. A review needs to be correct when it first comes out, anything that comes afterwards is usually after 90% of the site's community has read the article.
I still think it's just pathetic that so many reviewers aren't even aware of the problem...it ain't like it's really hard to find the information out. :(

Khedlar said:
It must be great to look at the world as being black and white. The problem is its grey.

So Nvidia needs to stop being such slimy bastards, I agree in theory. It seems stupid to me to spend develop time on a benchmark that doesn't also provide real world improvements in all applications.

FM needs to grow some balls. How? I think they took a stand and I'm not sure its working. What more can they do than what they have done. Sue Nvidia, the reviewers that use there benchmark. Don't think so, that will only make them less likely to survive.

WTF? What is so grey? Nvidia cheats on benchmarks. Can you NOT understand this? That is the entire problem. Then FM's reaction is of a scared little girl. [H] is just a freak sideshow.

What FM could have done was to publicly state that nvidia is cheating and will not allow ANY nvidia scores in the ORB. Then fight like hell in court. Would you rather be dead or a slave?

ByteMe said:
Khedlar said:

WTF? What is so grey? Nvidia cheats on benchmarks. Can you NOT understand this? That is the entire problem. Then FM's reaction is of a scared little girl. [H] is just a freak sideshow.

What FM could have done was to publicly state that nvidia is cheating and will not allow ANY nvidia scores in the ORB. Then fight like hell in court. Would you rather be dead or a slave?
<golf clap!>

Well put. 8)

Quitch said:
The BIOS guide is great, but testing with a GeForce FX 5200 Ultra??
Uhm... I was referring at the argument "Don't use 53.03 because are not approved - but 52.16 also have optimization and are not valid for comparision between ATI & nVidia - so, what to do?", and the like.

Bye!

bloodbob said:
Keep an eye on www.rojakpot.com you might see that article updated he didn't know the extent of the preformance difference in a *real card* ( I consider "GF FX5200 GO" a POS.

Err.... is it just me that feels this way but if someone isn't aware of *that* sort of thing what hope is there of the same person knowing what IHV's are doing with their drivers.

TBH to put it bluntly.... if someone doesn't know that major a performance delta exists what the HELL are they doing reviewing ny graphics card anyway?

From the article:
[...]Well, that is good to hear. But honestly, I would still prefer Futuremark to approve at least an alternative driver that does NOT come with such "optimizations". This will give people the choice of using the Rev. 52.16 driver or a completely cheat-free driver that will allow full comparison with other graphics cards.
I think that FutureMark also will be glad to point out an nVidia driver that doesn't contain any of such optimization.

The question is: how back with the release number of the Detonator one will have to go to find one? :D :D

Bye!

Yeah that argument doesn't stick with the guy who made the article he wants a cheat free driver and he doesn't care if it doesn't support all the cards. Better then some of the other sites who don't mind agree that their futuremark score will change between runs just because of background applications running yet still say they got exactly the same score after changing drivers.

Amazes me how reviewers are completley out of touch with reality, reading his forum and his site shows he had no 'clue' on what has been going on for the last year, and if it wasn't for the email from FM..he would not know :?

Back