Double posts

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
I've just experienced double posting on one of my own posts, and then spotted @Gubbi mentioning it in another thread. I've taken a look at the server to try and find out why, with no firm conclusions. Despite that, I've upped the number of possible in-flight requests the server can handle just in case it's that, and increased the number of spare worker threads that can accept requests, that sit there idle, just in case it was a responsiveness problem where new workers weren't spinning up fast enough.

So if you spot double post behaviour, let me know here so I can take another look.

It seems to be something recent (as in the last few months) for me compared to when we first went to XenForo. You press the reply and the button visual responds however it seems the ajax controls aren't responding. You press it again and it responds causing a double post.

Just to be clear, the issue isn't double posting, but the server responding oddly while processing the post you asked it to create. The post always makes it, but the page doesn't update to reflect it, so the instinct is to hit Post Reply or whatever again.

It seems to be something recent (as in the last few months) for me compared to when we first went to XenForo. You press the reply and the button visual responds however it seems the ajax controls aren't responding. You press it again and it responds causing a double post.

edit: had the same response issue trying to post this reply. You made it worse? :LOL:

edit: had the same response issue trying to post this reply. You made it worse? :LOL:
Chrome dev console gave a 30s timeout on add-reply XHR control

editedit: OMG

Whoops, turns out the VM that runs the search part of things ran out of disk space. Cleared some space and I'll work on adding another volume to that VM. Should be fine now.

Whoops, turns out the VM that runs the search part of things ran out of disk space. Cleared some space and I'll work on adding another volume to that VM. Should be fine now.
lol oops. You can clean up my posts if you want.

Thanks for sorting this out, hope it's all good now.

Yeah something definitely hit last night going by all the posts i had to cleanup. Hope it was just the search VM going into a tizzy.

Back