Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

I am so mad at this game right now, I just found a game breaking bug that means for long periods of time I can't play the game! :runaway:

My daughter is addicted to it! :LOL:
Well at least you can self fix it with patch notes including: Ticket to Logan, Box set of the Walking Dead, $30 gift card and insert random concert ticket. :yep2:

In case anybody missed it, there are generous xp rewards for completing weapon tutorial missions but they only grant xp if you have the quest active. Quests -> Tutorials -> Activate Quest. Complete tutorial, reap xp :yes:

edit: Also, if like me, you keep forgetting to harvest a specific resources for an equipment upgrade or trader item you want, you can press SQUARE and Create Job which will create an Errand quest for the missing items. Very handy! :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anybody missed it, there are generous xp rewards for completing weapon tutorial missions but they only grant xp if you have the quest active. Quests -> Tutorials -> Activate Quest. Complete tutorial, reap xp :yes:

edit: Also, if like me, you keep forgetting to harvest a specific resources for an equipment upgrade or trader item you want, you can press SQUARE and Create Job which will create an Errand quest for the missing items. Very handy! :yes:

I'm loving the way the quests work - it's really easy to 'manage' them - see how close you are to each one, what level and rewards (etc)

Whoa ! I havent yet ! :O Man, now all of you guys are gonna overtake me !
Haha. Usually I'm burning out on openworld games at this stage but this game just gets more satisfying as you learn the mechanics. I now have the Shadow Hunter, War and Sharpshot bows modded quite well and a Carja War Bow just for corrupting machines at range.

Having spent some time in the weapon tutorials and experimenting I can now kill most things in a few shots. It just has to be the right type of shots ;-)

Haha. Usually I'm burning out on openworld games at this stage but this game just gets more satisfying as you learn the mechanics. I now have the Shadow Hunter, War and Sharpshot bows modded quite well and a Carja War Bow just for corrupting machines at range.

Having spent some time in the weapon tutorials and experimenting I can now kill most things in a few shots. It just has to be the right type of shots ;-)
Whoa cool ! Looks like u have gone far far ahead of me :D ! I won't be getting much time now ...hmph.... man it's difficult to stay away from this game.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

I'm really taking my time with this one (like i did with the witcher 3), don't wanna rush it. But i think I might be overleveling a bit, I'm level 27 and I just left the Carja fort for Meridian
I've done a few quests in Meridian and just hit level 25 (33 hours). The game compensates for higher levels though, someone told me to expect Sawtooths in Cauldron Rho but I had Ravagers which are definitely not fun when you're not expecting them! :nope: Make Sawtooths look like pussy cats. :yep2:

Whoa cool ! Looks like u have gone far far ahead of me :D ! I won't be getting much time now ...hmph.... man it's difficult to stay away from this game.

I spent a lot of time improving my equipment (all carry equipment is maxed, all weapons are rare quality) so I'm probably more or less on a straight run to the game's end now. I am doing the side quests though, these are actually decent.

I just cleared a fortress of 'shadow archers' to rescue some dude. I think the game expects you to part stealth it beause you both bail over a rear wall. I'm like, dude we can go out the front gate, everybody is dead, lol. This gives me Assassin's Creed level of smugness when you wipe out an encampment and nobody ever saw you because you headshot everybody so quickly nobody could raise the alarm. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had my first "encounter" with this guy

horizonzerodawn_20170zukqi.jpg

More like he kicked my ass! What a game!

Just had my first "encounter" with this guy

My first encounter with a Glinthawk was also a bit hectic.

I was trying to get a Trampler heart (you need it to buy the Shadow War Bow) and pulled what I thought was one Trampler and got three. They travel in packs but the other two were some way off behind a rock outcropping so I didn't see them. I downed the first one then ran like the wind into a Glinthawk, which I did manage to bring down. I've fought a far few now and they are as lethal on the ground as they are in the air. I've yet to tangle with his bigger brother, the Stormbird.

But yeah.. this game! :runaway:

My first encounter with a Glinthawk was also a bit hectic.

That was the bigger one :D

Glinthawks are somewhat manageable (but super annoying), just hit them with a fire arrow and then wait till before they take off again and shoot the ice chamber thing and they are done. Love how useful different types of ammo are in this game

That was the bigger one :D
Ah!

Glinthawks are somewhat manageable (but super annoying), just hit them with a fire arrow and then wait till before they take off again and shoot the ice chamber thing and they are done. Love how useful different types of ammo are in this game

Yeah, I really didn't appreciate the difference until I did the bow/arrow tutorials and experimented a bunch in the field.Picking the right bow/ammo for the job makes a huge difference. When exploring I generally have all three bows and the slingshots hotkeyed. I swap in the tripcaster and ropething as and when required.

The War bow and corruption arrows are also tremendous fun for observing how machines fight other machines.

Jesus this game, I'm watching Game of Thrones and there's some plants that look like the the ridge-wood plant in Horizon and my brain is telling me to press triangle! o_O

Back