WATCH_DOGS 2 [PS4, XBO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
"Sending Fake Evidence" :rolleyes:

God, the overacting of being hip, happening, edgy, etc, etc... is the most annoying aspect of that trailer. Followed by the douchebaggery metadata queues and prompts.

Good games don't require obvious (cliché) queues and prompts... just well scripted objectives and narratives will do.

Agreed, this game is the kind of thing that happens when a business meeting starts with, "So, what are the kids in to right now?"

Latest leak on this one, graphics look pretty good:
Rumoured to be a main antagonist of the game

Ib9nJwS.jpg

ps: if I offended anyone by this, I apologize in advance

Just randomly landed on this review and it literally makes me want to buy it. Why is the game not doing well, this review seems to show a good thinking-mind gameplay.

Well for me the original game was so boring and overhyped that I can't stomach even looking at the sequel. But I did look at the sequel now and no I don't want it. Because it looks like the same nonsense.

My thinking is if a person likes GTA, this game will appeal though.

From all the comments and reviews I've seen about #2 is that it is universally recommended as far far superior to the 1st in every way. I'll be picking it up on PC once my new one is built (which means waiting for Vega)

I enjoyed the original but WD2 is better in every respect. For a start the main protagonist is very easy to like and the missions are more more varied and fun with way more ways to approach them.

I thought the first one was technically competent and it played smoothly which is half the work for a good open worlder.
The plot and protagonist weren't all that. I'd still like to give this one a spin but on the right Steam sale.

I did not like Watch Dogs 1. Part 2 is much better in almost every way in my opinion.

From all the comments and reviews I've seen about #2 is that it is universally recommended as far far superior to the 1st in every way. I'll be picking it up on PC once my new one is built (which means waiting for Vega)

Nvidia just announced the new prices. GTX 1070 for 350 USD, GTX 1080 for 500 USD and GTX 1080Ti for 700 USD. Waiting is no longer needed after the launch of Ryzen.

Nvidia just announced the new prices. GTX 1070 for 350 USD, GTX 1080 for 500 USD and GTX 1080Ti for 700 USD. Waiting is no longer needed after the launch of Ryzen.
That would be just as intelligent as buying a 7700k before Ryzen was launched. Still a great purchase but you know what your options are and can decide which might be best for you in the years to come. I'd rather see what Vega brings and decide, my 970 will be fine until then.

So, anyone care to explain why this game is better than the original? I don't really care what the reviewers said or some Youtube dudes spewed forth. What do you guys think? It appears to be the same deal. What did they decide needed changing to make it better?

Has anyone else played this game?

It doesn't seem to generate much conversation on the internet whatsoever... :unsure:

I just finished it recently and so I thought I'd share my thoughts:

Pros:
- One million light years ahead of the first game - just better in almost every concievable way
- Better protagonist - Marcus is very likeable, as is his team of young wannabe hackers
- Better character development and story - this one actually has a story, and characters aren't 1-dimensional cardboard cut-outs like in WD1
- City feels more vibrant - Bay area is lovely and bright. Feels very alive with pedestrians that do all kinds of funny stuff
- Side missions are great
- Hacking abilities are more varied and so much fun - really opens up a lot of opportunities for emergent gameplay.
- Online activities are AWESOME - Again this is where WD1 really shone, with hacking invasion activities. WD2 expands on this with bounty hunter tasks (which are endless fun) and lots of other activities.
- Drones add a lot to gameplay - Both online and offline. The drones really open up your options.
- Story almost feels like a GTA not made by the Housers - (almost).

Cons:
- Missing the QR environment puzzles from WD1 - loved these.
- Shooting lacks a lot of impact - making it feel a bit like a wasted opportunity.

Biggest Con:

Now this is my major issue with WD2... With a protagonist and main cast of characters that are so obviously happy-go-lucky and devoted to their cause (as hacktivists) they believe to be righteous, it feels entirely incongruous to the characters established in the cutscenes that during gameplay you can pull out a ballistic firearm and start blasting people away.

Like, given the way they developed the characters, together with all the activities they engage in, it's just so jarring that you're even given access to lethal weaponry during gameplay at all... like the Marcus that I understand from the cutscenes would never use guns to start indiscriminately killing people. It felt really really flipping jarring.

There is one point in the game, where it does feel justified. However, outside of that it makes no sense.

I'd even go so far as to say that they should have just said that all the guns in the game are loaded with rubber bullets and that would have fixed the problem. But as is, it's even worse than WD1 in this regard.

In WD1, at least you understood from fairly early on that Aiden Pierce was a bit of loner vigilante who was taking the law into his own hands on a revenge mission. DeadSec are setup in WD2 to be completely different.

Screw the complaints about Nathan Drake mowing down hordes of African mercenaries, if ever there was a more perfect example of ludonarrative dissonance in the history of videogames it would be Watchdogs 2...

... outside of that, it was great :mrgreen:

My biggest gripe is that the SF in WD2 looks like a SF after the zombie apocalypse. It's so goddamned empty. In particular when you compared it to Ubi's other open world games which are busy as fuck.

Has anyone else played this game?

I enjoyed the original game and actually finished it. The sequel was so much better with so many more options in many missions. The reveal trailer turned me off but I really liked this game.

My biggest gripe is that the SF in WD2 looks like a SF after the zombie apocalypse. It's so goddamned empty. In particular when you compared it to Ubi's other open world games which are busy as fuck.

Yeah, compared to GTA V SF feels devoid of life. I feel sorry for any dev trying to recreate a vision of a real city that isn't Rockstar, who have been iterating their craft for a couple of decades. It's hard not to compare games like this to GTA because that is the standard.

Back