Horizon: Zero Dawn - Graphics de-Gushing

eJXAQ8a.jpg

PS4 standard holy shit

Why are so many people that have the game posting jpeg (with the horrible Ps4 compression)? On imgur out of all places too.

Last edited:
I made a comparison of the performance mode vs 4k mode. Some things i noticed are better eye refraction/shaders in performance mode? DOF looks different too? Looks to be higher res in performance mode.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/201987
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/201976

Screenshot #2 is performance mode. Can anyone spot more differences?

It looks like texture are better in performance mode, see hair or the focus object in left Aloy ear

I've been watching a few twitch streams where the viewer base are mainly PC gamers, and there's nothing but people praising the visuals. Of course you get a bunch of "wish it was on PC so we could play this at 60fps" comments, but yeah... nothing but praise.

Horizon is not photorealistic if you want to see Decima and photogrammetry wait Death Stranding.

I know, i meant if ever Guerilla made such a game. I can't imagine what they could produce in a game as linear as The Order with their engine + photogrammetry :oops:

Ah I remember when The Order 1886 released, it was looking that good only because it was a narrow corridors shooter with claustrophobic areas, and not full screen.

And now we have Horizon...

Last edited:
I saw decently severe texture pop in on the game on twitch just now. Some streamer.

It seems no matter how much tech advances we never get away from this.

The Pro version seems to have less pop in issues, even if the pop in is generally discrete in all versions.

(performance mode)

Tomorrow it begins, can't believe this game is finally entering my Pro and getting displayed on the ZD9 ever since its announcement. May the good lord have mercy on my oculus sinister and oculus dexter:oops:.

Using shaders to generate surfaces instead of textures to compensate for the downsides of the consoles unified memory architecture? Don't get me wrong there are upsides to unified memory too!

Back