What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Last Guardian, pretty enchanting so far.

I also was given eh new Tomb Raider. I'll give it a few hours. It just feels like a soulless Uncharted with uninteresting characters. It does have good pro support though.
Yea i spent six hours in the new tomb raider but it is soulless this time around. The crafting and all feels forced and out of place, so does the poor ill-equipped Lara attitude, as she isn't really stranded or anything. She is doing this willfully and yet .....
Isn't gripping me at all. Also the previous entry had great play areas, this one seems to lack in them too. Bad colours, bad play spaces.
I hope it improves later but it isn't something I think about the moment I stop playing. In contrast I loved the previous one.

Playing gravity rush 2 which I ithink i have reached the stage where I am falling in love now, it wasn't so till now. Also picked up Dark SOuls 3 and it is kicking my arse seriously now and I cannot decide for the love of god if I should just upgrade my Dark Sword to the max for the end bosses or not. i have no idea what lies ahead ! Should I do it ? or is there some other sword out there better suited for the end levels? I am at the Dragons Barracks (?) where two Dragons are breathing fire over a walkway/bridge.
Also, played a bit more of ROTR on my laptop, and yea it seems to be trying to feel attractive now but I can still just romp over everything with my poison arrows and the game, just like Gravity Rush 2, is taking too long to up my arsenal, so to speak. just give m the tools to play with already , why hold them to your chest till end game when I wont have much lelft to play anyway !

You can upgrade just about any weapon you feel comfortable with and be successful in DS3. Just about every weapon will see you through the game. In fact, the less flashy weapons are quite often better suited for the job. They consume less stamina, the don't weigh you down as much, and they are quick enough to not get you interrupted all the time. The basic long sword is one of the best weapons in the game. No idea about the Dark Sword. I'm a big fan of the Dark Blade, though. Dark Wraiths drop it later in the game.

Besides, DS3 is far and away the least stingy franchise entry when talking about upgrade materials. I'm not a 100% sure of it, but I think you'll find enough materials over the course of the game to max out 4 weapons as well as nearly max out a ton more. Sooner or later you'll be drowning in shards.

Last edited:
You can upgrade just about any weapon you feel comfortable with and be successful in DS3. Just about every weapon will see you through the game. In fact, the less flashy weapons are quite often better suited for the job. They consume less stamina, the don't weigh you down as much, and they are quick enough to not get you interrupted all the time. The basic long sword is one of the best weapons in the game. No idea about the Dark Sword. I'm a big fan of the Dark Blade, though. Dark Wraiths drop it later in the game.

Besides, DS3 is far and away the least stingy franchise entry when talking about upgrade materials. I'm not a 100% sure of it, but I think you'll find enough materials over the course of the game to max out 4 weapons as well as nearly max out a ton more. Sooner or later you'll be drowning in shards.
did a quick search and Dark Blade is a miracle. Hmmm...I dont think I even tried any. I started as a pyromancer and am still going with the basic fireball +the DarkSword/A curved bloodied sword I never remember the name of but love the looks of.

Seems like I confused the two. I meant the Dark Sword. So it seems like you already own my go to weapon then.
If so , yea, thats the one although random youtube titles suggest it was nerfed in July, so it might not be as awesome as before. So I kicked it up to +9 and marched right into the place and.....got my ass handed to me three times in a row. :LOL: Either I am very bad at these enemies right now or the difficulty just spiked through the roof !

The difficulty does spike quite a bit at that point. The bigger knights can be a real pain, especially if you don't take out the spellcasters who buff them first. You'll get used to it, though.

Just finished Alan Wake.
That game is a chore to get through. I had nothing but hate for it until the final chapter, which, oddly enough, was fast-paced and fun.
Those first five chapters, though... Yuck.

Just finished Alan Wake.
That game is a chore to get through. I had nothing but hate for it until the final chapter, which, oddly enough, was fast-paced and fun.
Those first five chapters, though... Yuck.

I couldn't go past the initial ones. I never understood how the game wanted me to play it. There was this big tree and these enemies would come out of it. i fought them, i ran and did everything, nothing worked. and I found th enarration profoundly boring at that point. I gave up.

I couldn't go past the initial ones. I never understood how the game wanted me to play it. There was this big tree and these enemies would come out of it. i fought them, i ran and did everything, nothing worked. and I found th enarration profoundly boring at that point. I gave up.

I insist on finishing every game that I pay money for. So far, only Too Human has defeated that policy. It's unplayable.
As for Alan Wake, I can totally understand giving up on it early. As I mentioned, I really hated it to begin with. And most of the rest of it. Only the last chapter saves it from being a total loss. I'm working my way through the first DLC now, which, so far, is far more combat heavy. Btw, it's free for everyone on 360 now. Previously, it was only free on Xbox One.

I'm currently replaying Red Dead Redemption - it looks stunning on XBO...I really can't wait for RDR2, replaying has reminded me why I loved the game so much...so much attention to detail and so many great views with loads of things to do outside the main story.

Ironically it's the only game I'll have completed on the system before selling on...but I think it was well worth the purchase to play the definitive version.

Still playing Warframe on a daily basis, trying to inspire myself to continue with FFXV. Dipping my toes into Borderlands 2 every now and then 'cos it's fun.

Given up on finishing Tomb Raider, the section where stigmata guy jumps and steals all your stuff (by taking your bow) and leaves you with just tins cans to fight his 100% accurate gun and grenade combo just gave me the WTF moment. That moment in the game where you know they replaced the normal level designer with a brain damaged gibbon and let them create a bit with just their elbows. Because making a section that is incredibly frustrating is fun right!

But mostly I'm just playing the waiting game for Horizon and Mass Effect.

Started playing Nioh and actually really like it. But for the love of god...Overwatch is taking over my gaming life like a virus...hopefully Horizon Zero Dawn frees me from this addiction!

Started playing Nioh and actually really like it. But for the love of god...Overwatch is taking over my gaming life like a virus...hopefully Horizon Zero Dawn frees me from this addiction!
You are lost to the darkness my friend. These addictions don't break like this. I had to delete destiny from my ps4 for two weeks to free my mind :yup2:

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

I'm now 15 hours into Dishonored 2. Man, what a fantastic game that is. Compared to disappointing stealther Deus Ex, D2 really delivers in spades. The wonderful level design facilitates all kinds of different approaches and your abilities are hella cool too. This time around, Arcane made sure there were plenty of fun, non-lethal tools in your arsenal as well. In the first game, playing somewhat peacefully really felt like you were missing out as 80% of your tools were geared torwards creative slaughter. Graphics are hella impressive too. Materials are up there with Uncharted 4 and Assassin's Creed, and it's all fused with some of most stunning and creative artistry as well as ocd levels of attention to detail.

Last edited:
I'm now 15 hours into Dishonored 2. Man, what a fantastic game that is. Compared to disappointing stealther Deus Ex, D2 really delivers in spades. The wonderful level design facilitates all kinds of different approaches and your abilities are hella cool too. This time around, Arcane made sure there were plenty of fun, non-lethal tools in your arsenal as well. In the first game, playing somewhat peacefully really felt like you were missing out as 80% of your tools were geared torwards creative slaughter. Graphics are hella impressive too. Materials are up there with Uncharted 4 and Assassin's Creed, and it's all fused with some of most stunning and creative artistry as well as ocd levels of attention to detail.
That is so heartening to hear to hear because my copy is arriving by tomorrow ! Was on a sale and I couldn't resist and now I will be juggling multiple games like a pro circus clown !

Zelda: BotW. After initially being a bit meh about the new Zelda and Switch, that game has really grown on me and now I think it is a nearly perfect masterpiece.
Horizon
FFXV
Nier: Automata
RE7 (in VR)
Too many great games released recently, I hope I can find the time and energy to finish at least a couple of them. Maybe I should start with RE7 as it's the shortest.
I rarely manage to finish any open world or long rpg games any more, they take too much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back