Rat chewing on wires - when being environmentally friendly goes horribly horribly wrong.

Just had this happen recently to a friend of mine.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...dents-plenty-to-chew-on/ar-AAn7aey?li=BBmkt5R

He'd been confused as to why rats were chewing through the wires in his new car. Well, now we know. Hopefully no one else here is suffering from this.

He's planning to spending a few hundred USD (might go over a thousand) to replace all the wires in his new car with traditional rubber/plastic coated wires.

I hope those class action suits win and force the automobile makes to swap out those wires at their expense.

Won't help my friend as he's not willing to wait as this isn't just costly (to continually have to pay to have the wiring repaired) but poses a significant safety risk.

Regards,
SB

:/ rats already like to chew un-delicious normal cables and now they use soy -_-

Yeah, I've never had that happen and neither has he, so we were both baffled as to why the rats were chewing up the wires in his car. Even better the dealership he got the car from either didn't know, or didn't want to tell us. But he was sure happy to charge my friend to fix it.

Regards,
SB

Back