Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

E
3d TVs are rubbish, as unlike 3d cinema, it's essentially like looking at a movie in a fish tank.

3d content is still a nice earner for the cinema, so content will still be produced.

Personally, I really struggle with 3d since I'm a specs wearer. 3d movies in VR, where it's effectively a glasses free cinema screen might have an appeal. Probably once the resolution is better though.

Just adjust the 3D so some objects pop out

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-02-02-playstation-uks-bid-to-halt-the-ps4-sales-slowdown
"We had a fairly measured launch. We kind of knew that demand would outstrip supply, so we had to be careful ourselves not to over-hype the product. That was quite tricky to do, because at the same time we also had a responsibility to let the mass market know that there was a viable and affordable VR new entrant. So we had to be clever in the ways that we did that. So rather than going out big with a huge TV campaign, we sort of went underground a little bit. One of the more clever things that I think we did was the installation of a giant PlayStation VR headset at Kings Cross Station. That gained a lot of media attention. It was great to see it on BBC Breakfast, highlighting the fact that there was this new VR headset.

"As we address the supply issue, we will be able to go out with a lot more mainstream messaging on VR.

well if they can create wind, they can recycle the air. Interesting that Sony suggests they held back because of too little supply.

Pre rendered video projected into real time 3D models?

How does it look?

I'm still out of town, can't download it from psn (it's free).

Pre rendered video projected into real time 3D models?

How does it look?

I'm still out of town, can't download it from psn (it's free).
It looks surprisingly sharp, I was expecting a blurry mess like YouTube 3D videos but the image quality was pretty good!
The 3D effect was also good, you can move around the scene a little - quite a bit less than in VR games - but still, the effect combined with live action is pretty impressive.

Oooo ooooh!

The new music experience is crazy good quality! I imagined the walk vr experience also this good?

Wow

Sure there's still weird perspective and ugly stitching, but this is miles better than the usual 360 3D video.

What did happen to that The Walk experience?
The one from the film, where you walk on a wire between the skyscrapers.
Was it ever supposed to be released on public or was that just for trade shows?

Oooo ooooh!

The new music experience is crazy good quality! I imagined the walk vr experience also this good?

Wow

Sure there's still weird perspective and ugly stitching, but this is miles better than the usual 360 3D video.

Yes, very short but quite impressive. They managed to do some interesting trickery to allow you some movement forward and backward. It seems that some parts are 3D video and some parts are 3D rendering. Technically quite interesting for sure.

Recorded in 2015 so it took them a while to release it.

http://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/2017/170227.html
PLAYSTATION®VR SELLS THROUGH 915,000 UNITS WORLDWIDE~More Than 100 New PS VR Experiences Will Be Released in 2017~

Currently there are more than 220 software titles and content in development for PS VR with highly anticipated launches on their way, including ACE COMBAT 7 (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.), FINAL FANTASY XV (SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.), STEEL COMBAT (COLOPL, Inc.), TEKKEN 7 (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.), Farpoint, Gran Turismo Sport (SIE WWS) in addition to video content. By the end of 2017, over 100 new software titles and experiences are expected to be released.

The PS VR system is currently available in 64 countries and regions worldwide.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/26/business/sony-playstation-vr-sales.html
Mr. House revealed PlayStation VR’s sales for the first time, saying consumers had purchased 915,000 of the headsets as of Feb. 19, roughly four months after it went on sale. Sony’s internal goal was to sell one million of the headsets in its first six months, by mid-April.
Yesterday was the day of PSVR replenishment in Japan, but it quickly sold out.

Last edited:
I downloaded the free HK version of Dead or Alive in hope of being able to buy the VR passport.... Anyone know when it could be available?
edit: I am asking for a friend :D

Back