What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up Pit People on early access recently. Amazingly fun game. Plenty of character to the game with a decidedly eccentric narrator. It's a quirky lighthearted but sometimes grim squad based tactical fast turn based RPG/strategy game with an emphasis on action rather than numbers and micromanaging every aspect of your squad in combat. There's also simultaneous co-op play. Highy highly recommended if you like squad based tactical play (like Fallout Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem, etc.) with an emphasis on quick turns and actions.

Darkest Dungeon. An RPG that solely exists to make all the worst possible things happen to your party members and offer very little to compensate for it. Makes me want to throw my PC through the window and yet I want to keep playing.

Love this game. Almost pull my hair out when the game decides on a whim to screw over your party because it'd been going so well up until that point. :p

Apparently I have Last Light which I've never played. You'd think they'd offer an upgrade to the Redux version for like $5 or something.

There's virtually no difference between Metro: Last Light and the Redux version. So you aren't missing anything.

Regards,
SB

Let me know your thoughts. I've heard it is pretty good and I'm a big Civ fan, and I like Pirates. But not sure about this one. How much is it on Steam?

Let me know your thoughts. I've heard it is pretty good and I'm a big Civ fan, and I like Pirates. But not sure about this one. How much is it on Steam?
It's like 10 bux on Steam and it is a great game, what's not to like? :)

Found this post from September 2015
Been playing a hell of a lot of games but only for a few minutes each
because I had to wipe my c: drive and re install windows I am now in the process of going through the games installed on other drivers re creating the shortcuts in the
start menu and making sure they work.
I am currently up to Games 7 (H:) and the Letter T
Next game to test is The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I finally finished checking all my games and creating the shortcuts in the start menu
The final Drive was Games 10(L:)
And the final game was Wolfenstein The Old Blood

During my testing I made a list of the games that didnt work and now I have to see if they are fixable

D: Games 1
None

E: Games 2
colin mcrae rally 04
Rollcage

F: Games 3
black and white : game says its not installed
the thing : messed up graphics
True Crime New York City : game says its not installed

F: Games 4
None

F: Games 5
Battle of Britain 2 ???
Delta Force Xtreme needs re install
ground control 2 ctd
red faction 2 wrongly detects vram

G: Games 6
Battlefield 2142 : ctd

H: Games 7
Spellforce 2 : Wont acept serial (need to try again)
Trackmania nations forever : bluescreen on gfx card detection

J: Games 8
Deus ex 2 - Viktoria error
Fifa 07 : Doesnt run
operation flashpoint red river - messed up gameplay
jet fighter 4 - nocd doesnt work
Le Mans 24 Hours - doesnt run
Race driver 2 game says its not installed
Race driver 3 game says its not installed
Secret Weapons over normandy - not installed
Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Error wont run

K: Games 9
Anachronox : ctd on start
Fifa 14 black screen no graphics
Megarace not running
Tron Evolution not running

L: Games 10
FarCry 4 Ctd
Tron 2.0 error copying cres.dll

Finally playing new doom. I love when games allow you to do weird things. I jumped of cliff and grabbed a drone. My screen faded like I died and yet I lived. The drone puttered along with my undead self hanging off it until it got back into a place a player can live and then I came back to life. Have to say I really enjoyed that.

I'm back on Rocket League. Trying to improve my aerial shots; got a couple of aerial goals in a game the other day - there's still some hope for me yet!

I'm currently playing RE5 in my spare time. Although some people think that it's a relatively easy game, I'm having a hard time in it and I'm playing at amateur difficulty...

Luckily it is worth the time to replay :)
Funny i almost restarted it myself a few days back on the ps3. Basically I thought let's continue from where I left off but going back after so long I kept dying having forgotten which familiar was strong against what. My wife who loves it's visuals said why not restart you will also get to watch studio ghibli animation again ! And then our real life ghibli cartoon, my daughter Noorie, woke up and that was that [emoji3] ! It's a really solid game . I think i will go for the easy mode and go through the rest of the game quickly.

Just so I remember: I started watching this recording of a livestream of Sid Meier's Pirates! and now I want to play the game. I thought I had a boxed copy but I can't find it and I don't have an optical drive anymore, so I have to go on Steam.

I still have my boxed copy. :) But no way to play it. :( I no longer have an Apple ][ computer or a 5.25" floppy drive that could read the disks. Heck, after all this time, it's quite possible the disks aren't even readable anymore.

I'm still keeping all of it until the day I die however as it's in my top 10 games of all time.

I've had the Steam version for years, however, so I can revisit it that way whenever I want. :)

Regards,
SB

Now you've got me wondering if I can get my son to play this. We tried playing it together a while ago, but it got too hard fairly quickly back then.

Now you've got me wondering if I can get my son to play this. We tried playing it together a while ago, but it got too hard fairly quickly back then.

My son is only 2, so that's out of the question but a few more years and it might be worth a revisit. Remember the sequel comes out this year too, only for the PS4 though.

Just grab the right familiars and the difficulty drops sharply.

@Malo how is the combat in Darkest Dungeon, it was kind of difficult to tell from the preview vid on Steam. Is it like Paper Mario or Stick of Truth or Child of Light style?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back